VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 06:06:23 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Miles says Chavis would make a great HC  (Read 3371 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 29, 2012, 05:23:38 EST »

LSU head coach Les Miles said his defensive coordinator John Chavis would be a "very good head coach" and that Tennessee should pursue him.

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2012/nov/28/coaching-carousel-after-wild-day-of-jon-gruden/

LOL!  I wonder if he's pissed about the bama game?   

On a more serious note, maybe he's trying to help John get a raise. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 06:14:25 EST »

Yeah, right about now he's probably thinking he'd be in the sec champ game if he had a better DC.
Who better to dump him on than ole UT. Less Miles is a funny little idiot.
Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 04:08:38 EST »

John Chavis and his defense carried LSU to wins in the early part of the season while they were one dimensionable with their QB. That shouldn't surprise anybody since for a couple of years Chavis's defense carried UT when the offense was really struggling to put any points on the board. John Chavis mentioned that he would be interested in coaching the Vols right after Fulmerwas fired. I'd welcome him back with open arms.
101stDad
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 04:11:56 EST »

Tennessee can't have a head coach who loathes recruiting, and Chavis loathes recruiting.  The last several years he was on UT's staff he rarely ever left campus to recruit.  He was fine when a recruit got on campus, but that approach from a head coach just won't work at a place like UT where there are so few quality in state prospect. 

73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 06:17:59 EST »

Was he chewing on grass when he said this?  Or was it after he extorted LSU for a raise and extension? Is he trying to get Chavis a raise?
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2012, 06:19:14 EST »

Was he chewing on grass when he said this? 
Define "grass"

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2012, 06:22:09 EST »

Was he chewing on grass when he said this?  Or was it after he extorted LSU for a raise and extension? Is he trying to get Chavis a raise?

More like smoking grass!

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 02:22:23 EST »

That's what I think.  In the past, Chavis has never expressed any desire to be an HC or even an assistant in the NFL.  He seems content being a NCAA DC.  Thus I think he stays put at LSU.   Hard to imagine a better place for him.

Let me make clear that I like Chavis, and if he showed more interest and/or aptitude for the HC thing, I would welcome him.  Doesn't seem like he wants it though....

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: