VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 10:33:28 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So how do y'all think the SECCG will go?  (Read 7420 times)
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: November 29, 2012, 04:06:41 EST »

I'm thinking that UGA comes back and pulls the upset 24-20. Then UGA will beat ND for the National Championship

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
101stDad
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 04:17:04 EST »

Bama has been upset once this year already.  I just don't see it happening again.

Bama wins over UGA by a couple of scores, then goes and beats Notre Dame comfortably in the national championship game. 

Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 04:18:47 EST »

uga will not run on bama that much.....If Murray has a great game the dawgs could win but he will have to win it. Bama will run some on uga and McCarron will not have to win the game.

Based off of how well we ran against each team I think uga's run d is not as stout as bama's. I would rather uga win though.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 04:21:01 EST »

It will be interesting.  UGA has the talent to go toe to toe with Bama.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 04:21:48 EST »

It will be interesting.  UGA has the talent to go toe to toe with Bama.

But not the coach. Bama by 10-14 IMO.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2012, 04:27:24 EST »

I say jawga!
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2012, 04:29:19 EST »

But not the coach. Bama by 10-14 IMO.

Yep, that's the wild card.  If UGA can put it all together they can take Bama.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2012, 05:25:42 EST »

Rather large rock from space

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
101stDad
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2012, 05:30:03 EST »

Rather large rock from space

The only problem with that theory is that it would mean that Notre Dame would play Florida in the national championship game.  Talk about going from bad to worse. 
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2012, 05:34:02 EST »

The only problem with that theory is that it would mean that Notre Dame would play Florida in the national championship game.  Talk about going from bad to worse. 
Doesn't really matter, any three of the SEC teams would win.

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

TallVol
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2012, 05:54:53 EST »

I think Bama wins but not by more than a TD.  27-23
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2012, 06:01:46 EST »

If uga's two headed FR running backs can run effectively then uga will win, because that would allow Murray to exploit the bamer secondary.  If not, bamer wins.

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2012, 06:11:50 EST »

Bama by three touchdowns. They will run it down UGA's throat.
Jedi Master
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2012, 06:34:13 EST »

UGA 23, Bama 17.

Go Dawgs!   

IvoryTusk
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2012, 06:37:05 EST »

Here's how I see it - and being a Bama homer, this says something IMO - I made the Mano A Mano playoffs this year, and for my 1 point pick, I took UGA and the 7 1/2 points.  Yep, I let discretion be the better part of valor, puked all over my ballot, and submitted it  

If Murray can throw with success against Bama's 3rd cover corner in the nickel - it's going to be a long day.  They will run no huddle on us, and it will be difficult to adjust.  We don't have the pass rush that we've had in recent years, so I don't expect to pressure Murray much - however I do expect our front four and LBs to contain their rushing attack.

I see a conservative, ball control attack from Bama, with Yeldon and Lacey wearing down the UGA D 4 - 10-6 at half, 13-13 at the end of the 3rd, with Bama pulling it out by game's end 20-16.
RipleyVol12
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2012, 08:01:28 EST »

I think something like 35-14 38-17 BAMA. Murray doesn't perform against the upper echelon teams in the SEC.

GO VOLS!   
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

Time is best spent with family and friends.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2012, 08:35:26 EST »

Man........................hate EM BOTH EQUALLY............................, BUT I THINK ol Bammer's gonna put the Hammer on Georgia's CANDY ASSES.

BAMMER 35
GEORGIA 17

Go Big Orange.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2012, 08:48:32 EST »

Bama has been upset once this year already.  I just don't see it happening again.

Bama wins over UGA by a couple of scores, then goes and beats Notre Dame comfortably in the national championship game. 

Not sure their loss was an upset.  They "shouda coulda" also lost to LSU.  Those were the only two real games on their schedule!  Outside of that, you have to point to Michigan and MSU for "quality" wins, and heck if Ole Miss didn't beat MSU almost as bad as bammer. 

I would say given how easy bammer's schedule is, uga has a chance.  I realize that uga also had an easy schedule, but I am picking them anyway.  Because...fizzle bammer!   

I may post a score prediction later...

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
101stDad
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2012, 09:41:54 EST »

Not sure their loss was an upset.  They "shouda coulda" also lost to LSU.  Those were the only two real games on their schedule!  Outside of that, you have to point to Michigan and MSU for "quality" wins, and heck if Ole Miss didn't beat MSU almost as bad as bammer. 

I would say given how easy bammer's schedule is, uga has a chance.  I realize that uga also had an easy schedule, but I am picking them anyway.  Because...fizzle bammer!   

I may post a score prediction later...

Call it whatever you like, but the fact is that Bama was a 12-14 point favorite in the game and lost.  That's not only an upset, but a huge upset. 

Bama was a 5-7 point favorite at LSU and won by 4.  Pretty close to the number. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2012, 02:53:51 EST »

Call it whatever you like, but the fact is that Bama was a 12-14 point favorite in the game and lost.  That's not only an upset, but a huge upset. 

Right.  But I was not surprised that they lost to Tamu.  Huge matchup issue for them.  The more discerning among their fanbase, and believe it or not, they do exist, were really worried about that game.  I looked at Saban's complaints about the hurry up and their effort against LSU and concluded they had a great chance of losing.

Hard to say with uga....I don't trust Richt to get it done, but uga certainly has the talent to do it.  If uga can run the ball at all, look out. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
CrossVol
Starter

Peyton in 2012!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2012, 02:56:46 EST »

I'm thinking that UGA comes back and pulls the upset 24-20. Then UGA will beat ND for the National Championship

Georgia wilts.  History repeats itself.

Wherever you go, there you are.
Be-the-Vol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2012, 04:48:12 EST »

ala wins 49 to 17.  ala beats ND 77 to 0.  ala, fl, sc, ga, and tx a&m all finish in the top five after the bowl games and UT doesn't win a head-to-head recruiting war with any of them for the next five years (when we hire Gruden).   
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 04:50:51 EST by Be-the-Vol » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: