VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 04:27:09 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Have y'all heard about this supposed state law on the 14 day hiring period?  (Read 2373 times)
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: November 30, 2012, 03:36:38 EST »

All state job reqs must be open for 14 days?  That would mean they could not possibly replace Dooley until 14 days after he left.  Now I don't really even know about the law or if that there are some exemptions to it.  Anyone else heard any more about it?

Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 03:46:08 EST »

It didn't take 14 days to hire Dooley in January 2010.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 02:30:04 EST »

I have heard that the AD is technically and legally independent of the University and so the coach is not an actual state employee.

Also, working for the Feds, we have all sorts of hiring rules.  That can be waived.  If you go high enough.  And Haslem is not only the guvnor, but the nominal head of the BOT, so I would conclude he can pretty much do whatever the hell he wants.  That's how it works in the Fed Guvmint, at any rate.     Rules are only there to be broken, if you are high enough up the chain....

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
101stDad
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 02:33:23 EST »

I have heard that the AD is technically and legally independent of the University and so the coach is not an actual state employee.

Also, working for the Feds, we have all sorts of hiring rules.  That can be waived.  If you go high enough.  And Haslem is not only the guvnor, but the nominal head of the BOT, so I would conclude he can pretty much do whatever the hell he wants.  That's how it works in the Fed Guvmint, at any rate.    Rules are only there to be broken, if you are high enough up the chain....

Not true, Bandit.  Everybody in the UTAD is a state employee for purposes of being eligible for the state retirement plan and insurance program.  They are all paid a "base" salary through the state, although it is funded by the UTAD.  They still have to follow state hiring guidelines. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 02:36:01 EST »

Not true, Bandit.  Everybody in the UTAD is a state employee for purposes of being eligible for the state retirement plan and insurance program.  They are all paid a "base" salary through the state, although it is funded by the UTAD.  They still have to follow state hiring guidelines. 

Okay.  Well like I said, this is what someone else told me.  If I could remember who it was, I would be happy to tell them they are wrong.   

But like I said, in the federal guvmint, go high enough up the chain and you can waive rules.    I don't think it matters that much, since 14 days is Sunday.....

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 02:37:41 EST »

And, the UTAD salaries are public information: UTAD Executive and Senior Staff Salaries.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: