VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 06:15:19 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The supposed "snags" in the negotiations with Gruden...  (Read 3168 times)
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: November 30, 2012, 01:24:31 EST »

...are not nearly as complex as people may think.  It all boils down to some very basic, common sense (and dollars) things.   Really, that's just typical negotiations stuff.  I tend to to doubt anything will be announced today, although I guess it's possible.  To the extent they are occurring, negotiations with Gruden will continue until he makes up his mind regarding what Tennessee offers (not just money, but in lifestyle and long-term opportunities and stability).  And, don't underestimate the part human nature plays in situations like this.  But, Hart likely has never been in an "all or nothing" mode with just one candidate, and the intent always appears to have been to approach several possible candidates (obviously in some ranked order of preference).  Playing right into that concept, this weekend and early next week in New York present a lot of networking opportunities during the lead-up to the 55th NFF Annual Awards Dinner, which will take place on Tuesday, December 4.  As you know, Phil Fulmer is in the 2012 College Football Hall of Fame Class that will be honored, and the UTAD probably will give him his day in the sun before naming the new coach.  So, Thursday or Friday of next week make more sense, and that timing will allow for planned contacts and talks with other potential candidates (and/or their reps), and will fit with Hart's "December is the critical month" comments.  Remember, there are still football games being played this weekend, and it's likely that a couple of those coaches are still in the mix.  Also, don't be surprised if you start hearing a couple more names thrown into the mix, even though they might not excite anyone.  Think along the lines of Darrell Hazell (Kent State), although I doubt any of those contacts will lead to anything.  So, there you have it.  Expect an announcement on December 6 or 7. 

Or not.   
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 01:31:56 EST »

I've always believed the 7th was the target date for a new coach to beannounced.  It fits, as you  say TRO, in the scheme of the meeting in New York.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
10EC
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 01:36:49 EST »

I've always believed the 7th was the target date for a new coach to beannounced.  It fits, as you  say TRO, in the scheme of the meeting in New York.

Anyone seen Vinnie?  I hear Lyn is looking for him.   
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 01:43:08 EST »

Meh, I've got plenty of time, I'm more than ready to wait. The last thing I want is to rush into a bad hire like we did with Dooley

11B4PJ3F7
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 01:45:13 EST »

Meh, I've got plenty of time, I'm more than ready to wait. The last thing I want is to rush into a bad hire like we did with Dooley

Exactly, but I do think mid-December (14-16) is a target "get it done by" date.
Volengineer
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 01:46:03 EST »

The future of Tennessee football is at stake.  Pay the man (and his staff)!   

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2012/nov/30/report-gruden-has-tennessee-contract-hand-staff-pa/
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 01:53:13 EST »

The future of Tennessee football is at stake.  Pay the man (and his staff)!   

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2012/nov/30/report-gruden-has-tennessee-contract-hand-staff-pa/

That's the same/similar story that droner posted, with some subtle differences I think.  Here's the part that I think will play out, even if the Gruden negotiations eventually work out, "Hart was expected to leave Sunday or Monday for New York City to interview candidates at the National Football Foundation’s annual Hall of Fame induction ceremony.  Former Tennessee coach Phillip Fulmer is being inducted Tuesday."  Maybe that writer has the same sources I do.   
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 01:56:57 EST »

Cosign

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
10EC
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 02:06:22 EST »

That's the same/similar story that droner posted, with some subtle differences I think.  Here's the part that I think will play out, even if the Gruden negotiations eventually work out, "Hart was expected to leave Sunday or Monday for New York City to interview candidates at the National Football Foundation’s annual Hall of Fame induction ceremony.  Former Tennessee coach Phillip Fulmer is being inducted Tuesday."  Maybe that writer has the same sources I do.   

So, how are your recruiting sources?
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2012, 02:08:35 EST »

So, how are your recruiting sources?

Well, since ReVOLver is regrettably absent, my recruting sources are pretty much gone.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: