VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 12:03:25 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: poster on volchat - babyvol says Gruden  (Read 4705 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 30, 2012, 01:49:59 EST »

and the announcement is coming today. I have known him a while and he's pretty credible.

TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 01:55:56 EST »

and the announcement is coming today. I have known him a while and he's pretty credible.

Dude, don't spoil my expert analysis with stuff like this! 
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 01:56:00 EST »

In the past I have spoken with him several times but not recently and as I said earlir in a post I trust his connections.  However, I doubt there will be an announcement today for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is several key players to set up an announcement are not in town for one reason or another.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 01:56:20 EST »

That guy is really sticking his neck out on this one.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 01:57:08 EST »

In the past I have spoken with him several times but not recently and as I said earlir in a post I trust his connections.  However, I doubt there will be an announcement today for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is several key players to set up an announcement are not in town for one reason or another.
Been talking with him the past week, that's what he told me.

TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 01:57:50 EST »

Well, those of us who are truly "in the know" tend to take major chances like that. 
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 02:00:20 EST »

he isn't the only one. There are some other people who are credible that are too....the kicker is, several in the know are also saying no deal. Very conflicting. Almost sounds....pre-arranged.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 02:03:06 EST »

he isn't the only one. There are some other people who are credible that are too....the kicker is, several in the know are also saying no deal. Very conflicting. Almost sounds....pre-arranged.

I think no deal.  But maybe TRO is correct about the 7th...

I believe Gruden could still be in play, but TJM.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 02:14:05 EST »

However, I doubt there will be an announcement today for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is several key players to set up an announcement are not in town for one reason or another.

Hubbs has been saying this since yesterday morning and that one of the two key players in press conferences/announcements is going to Atlanta for the SEC Championship game.

Which is tomorrow. And Atlanta is a 3.5 hour drive. I have a feeling that this isn't stopping any announcement.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

TallVol
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2012, 02:30:43 EST »

How many people do you need for a PC?  The AD, new HC & a sound guy to make sure the microphone works. 
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2012, 02:31:28 EST »

Hubbs has been saying this since yesterday morning and that one of the two key players in press conferences/announcements is going to Atlanta for the SEC Championship game.

Which is tomorrow. And Atlanta is a 3.5 hour drive. I have a feeling that this isn't stopping any announcement.

Well, if there isn't an announcement today or over the weekend, I'll talk to Gruden when he arrives in DC for the Monday Night Football game on December 3, and I'll report back to the board as soon as I have the scoop.     
Creek Walker
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2012, 02:47:41 EST »

There could be an announcement today with everyone out of town . . . because you can almost bet that the presser will NOT be on the same day as the announcement. Here's why: Jon Gruden, whether he ultimately succeeds or fails, would light a publicity fire under this program that has never been there before. There will be more media personnel assembled for this introductory press conference, if it happens, than at any introductory press conference since Saban was hired at Alabama. The local media can be available in a matter of hours. The national media needs a day or two or three to make it happen.
dansavol1
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2012, 03:51:57 EST »

announcement to be made shortly.  So, who knows?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: