VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 05:45:20 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KNS now reporting Gruden out of the conversation as well  (Read 4288 times)
Creek Walker
« on: November 30, 2012, 04:42:37 EST »

If the university is mounting a propaganda campaign on this one they are going whole-hog.
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 04:43:59 EST »

Jon Gruden owes us sometime money for the free PR!!
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 04:48:23 EST »

Jon Gruden owes us sometime money for the free PR!!
Thus sayeth the woman scorned ...

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 04:51:40 EST »

If the university is mounting a propaganda campaign on this one they are going whole-hog.

Perhaps I missed something, but when I read the article "Gruden tells Tennessee no thanks," the substance was the same as earlier today when it was titled something different (mulling the offer).  Is Evan Woodbery just using the headline to essentially "tweet" the same thing everone else is?  I find it odd to change the title before the substance is changed.  Is that typical?  Funny stuff this Gruden speculation!  Everyone wants to be first so they all just keep saying the same stuff when it first arises. 
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 04:53:50 EST »

Perhaps I missed something, but when I read the article "Gruden tells Tennessee no thanks," the substance was the same as earlier today when it was titled something different (mulling the offer).  Is Evan Woodbery just using the headline to essentially "tweet" the same thing everone else is?  I find it odd to change the title before the substance is changed.  Is that typical?  Funny stuff this Gruden speculation!  Everyone wants to be first so they all just keep saying the same stuff when it first arises. 

The substance has now changed but it is the same page the prior article was on. So the KNS is wallpapering over the first story. Hay look errbody! We were never wrong! 

The comments at the bottom still reflect the original story until you get pretty far into them.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 04:59:07 EST »

The substance has now changed but it is the same page the prior article was on. So the KNS is wallpapering over the first story. Hay look errbody! We were never wrong! 

The comments at the bottom still reflect the original story until you get pretty far into them.

Interesting.  The substance has not changed for me yet.  But, the sub text of the headline on the football page has now changed: "Former NFL coach Jon Gruden has told Tennessee he is not interested in pursuing the Vols’ vacant head coaching job, a source close to the UT search told the News Sentinel this morning."  But, the information in the article itself has not changed (for me anyway).
Creek Walker
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 04:59:45 EST »

It's Knoxville vs. Chattanooga at this point. The KNS, Hubbs and Hyams are all being told one thing by the UTAD. The TFP writer is claiming that his source is one of the people Gruden has reached out to in an effort to build a staff and he's sticking by his story, while Gary Haskew as recently as a half-hour ago continued to insist that Gruden is coming to UT.

The wrinkle is Freeman, who's reporting that someone close to Gruden told him that Gruden is out.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 05:00:43 EST »

Interesting.  The substance has not changed for me yet.  But, the sub text of the headline on the football page has now changed: "Former NFL coach Jon Gruden has told Tennessee he is not interested in pursuing the Vols’ vacant head coaching job, a source close to the UT search told the News Sentinel this morning."  But, the information in the article itself has not changed (for me anyway).

I opened it in a different browser and the story had updated. Perhaps it's still pulling from your cache.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 05:01:34 EST »

I opened it in a different browser and the story had updated. Perhaps it's still pulling from your cache.

Yeah, that's my guess, although the other pages have changed.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2012, 05:03:34 EST »

BTW, what does the wallpapering thing say about journalistic integrity? I realize GVX isn't "print media" but it is an arm of the KNS. Is it acceptable to pretend you never printed something as news by replacing it with a contradictory story?

Creek Walker
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2012, 05:09:28 EST »

BTW, what does the wallpapering thing say about journalistic integrity? I realize GVX isn't "print media" but it is an arm of the KNS. Is it acceptable to pretend you never printed something as news by replacing it with a contradictory story?

Totally unacceptable by just about anyone's journalistic standards. It's common practice to do a major overhaul of a story of this nature, but you always leave the original story intact instead of simply wallpapering over it.
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2012, 06:01:58 EST »

I'm glad Grudenmania is finally being put to rest. I hope We hear who the next Coach will be soon

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Hollerboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2012, 07:03:46 EST »

I'm glad Grudenmania is finally being put to rest. I hope We hear who the next Coach will be soon
Soon?  Dec. 6-9 is when we will probably find out....after the HOF and interviews at said.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: