VTTW Board Index
May 06, 2024, 06:24:47 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I am just shocked Cardale Jones had to have a press conference. Why in the  (Read 2580 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: January 16, 2015, 01:10:49 EST »

world would he even consider turning pro after only 3 college starts? He won the lottery to just to get to play this year because of 2 QB's getting injured. He was third string for a reason. But if the other two get healthy what makes him think he is the starter next year? They have beat him out before. He really should not have played this year. Life is strange. If he rides the pine next season his draft position will suffer. The other QB that replaced Jackson is a freshman. So Jones could set a few years.

volsboyinsodak
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 01:21:22 EST »

Some were saying he should have come out for the NFL......Drafted in the 4th or 5th round, make $500,000 to help support his young kid, get some experience and maybe play in 2-3 years.

I agree with this if he goes back to OSU and rides the pine.
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 03:12:29 EST »

He's in no man's land. Not enough college experience to be drafted high but probably won't be the starter next year at OSU.

Why not come out, take whatever money you can get and learn for a couple of years?  He seems to have some talent.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 04:44:20 EST »

If I had to guess, I'd say Urban has lied/told all 3 exactly what the want to hear in order to get them to stay.  Whatever it takes as long as he's the one who benefits.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 09:40:32 EST »

On Mike and Mike this morning, the were actually comparing Jones' announcement with Peyton's decision to return for his senior year at UT.  I mean...really?  REALLY?

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2015, 12:04:33 EST »

Its weird but given how he played it would have made an interesting draft choice. My guess is that some team would take a shot in the 3rd or 4th round but coming back is the only option that makes sense.

IMO they played much better with him starting and its his job to lose but we will see.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: