VTTW Board Index
May 20, 2024, 04:28:21 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dennis Dodd's "Hot Seat Ratings"  (Read 1955 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: June 25, 2012, 09:31:54 EDT »

Dooley gets the maximum score of 5.  The only other coach in America to get a 5 is John L Smith at Arkansas, and obviously there are some extenuating circumstances there. 

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/hotseat

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 07:28:03 EDT »

Wow.  The thing I disagree with is that given expectations, Dooley should not be on the hot seat.  If he is even an above average coach we should win 8-9 games this year.   So I can only interpret the hot seat as meaning we are expected to suck again.

I really don't see it though.  We did suck last year, in many ways, but pretty much everything that could go wrong did.   I think we'll pull out of it this year.   It will be fun to watch in a way, because I have almost zero expectations and so it's almost like I won't be disappointed.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 10:45:54 EDT »

Wow.  The thing I disagree with is that given expectations, Dooley should not be on the hot seat.  If he is even an above average coach we should win 8-9 games this year.   So I can only interpret the hot seat as meaning we are expected to suck again.

I really don't see it though.  We did suck last year, in many ways, but pretty much everything that could go wrong did.   I think we'll pull out of it this year.   It will be fun to watch in a way, because I have almost zero expectations and so it's almost like I won't be disappointed.

That would be correct I believe or at least what most fans seem to  think anyway. I think most of us want him to succeed but if this year looks like last year he can probably call a real estate agent. If this team develops any toughness physically and mentally then I suspect we will have a decent to surprising year. We still have holes in places but a little toughness will help those a lot. For the 1st time in Dooley's tenure we should have enough talent and marginal depth to actually have a shot at competing with the better teams.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 03:34:51 EDT »

I don't think there's any doubt that most around the country ARE expecting us to suck again.  That's good.  The last thing this team needs is the burden of high expectations.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: