VTTW Board Index
May 10, 2024, 01:49:10 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KNS?  (Read 11544 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2013, 12:37:49 EDT »

Just think- if they had done this a week earlier, we could have avoided that whole Fulmer thread.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2013, 12:46:39 EDT »

Just think- if they had done this a week earlier, we could have avoided that whole Fulmer thread.
So an Adams/Fulmer hate thread goes 75+ post and I barely make 25 with a full on hate KNS post

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Creek Walker
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2013, 12:51:38 EDT »

So an Adams/Fulmer hate thread goes 75+ post and I barely make 25 with a full on hate KNS post

I'm doing my best to help you out!! 
Hollerboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2013, 01:55:46 EDT »

Me too!!!

Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2013, 04:36:20 EDT »

I will admit that it was nice to be able to turn on the computer and read an online story about the Vols (even if John Adams wrote it). The articles were good to read and kept me up to date on football. While I understand the business side of it, I can live without it and can wait until Sunday to read or Monday as well.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2013, 05:30:04 EDT »

I will admit that it was nice to be able to turn on the computer and read an online story about the Vols (even if John Adams wrote it). The articles were good to read and kept me up to date on football. While I understand the business side of it, I can live without it and can wait until Sunday to read or Monday as well.

Hey, John Adams is technically a "good writer"... I'll admit that.  He's good at his job.  But imo if someone is charging for something it better be interesting.  And KNS articles, while informative, are just not interesting.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2013, 09:19:49 EDT »

Hey, John Adams is technically a "good writer"... I'll admit that.  He's good at his job.  But imo if someone is charging for something it better be interesting.  And KNS articles, while informative, are just not interesting.
Write, maybe, performing functions of a human being, most definitely NO!

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

Creek Walker
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2013, 11:08:52 EDT »

Hey, John Adams is technically a "good writer"... I'll admit that.  He's good at his job.  But imo if someone is charging for something it better be interesting.  And KNS articles, while informative, are just not interesting.

I wonder if they'll put Adams' columns behind the paywall? Most newspapers make all op-ed material free-for-all reads, although there is a growing argument amongst some industry analysts that a subscription-based site should be grown around personalities (which are usually columnists or investigative reporters, etc.) rather than content.

I don't know why anyone would pay for a subscription just to read Adams' stuff...or any opinion columnist's stuff, for that matter. I'm on record as being a big Adams fan, even though he can piss me off unlike anyone else, but he doesn't bring anything new to the table. That's just the nature of a columnist's job, in most cases. Whether it's sports or politics, op-ed pieces tell you how to think. I don't want to pay to read stuff that tells me how to think. I want to pay to read stuff that gives me something to base my opinions on.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 11:11:15 EDT by Creek Walker » Logged
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2013, 11:44:47 EDT »

I wonder if they'll put Adams' columns behind the paywall? Most newspapers make all op-ed material free-for-all reads, although there is a growing argument amongst some industry analysts that a subscription-based site should be grown around personalities (which are usually columnists or investigative reporters, etc.) rather than content.

Based on a sample size of today the answer is yes.

In my personal dealings with Adams he has been nothing other than a flaming jackass. 

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: