VTTW Board Index
May 10, 2024, 09:26:29 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Game week depth chart  (Read 2169 times)
Creek Walker
« on: August 26, 2013, 07:16:32 EDT »

http://www.utsports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/082613aai.html
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 07:29:48 EDT »

Pretty much as expected

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 07:33:00 EDT »

NOW we can discuss it!!   
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 07:34:59 EDT »

No major surprises, but a few things worth mentioning:

* Neal RB1, Lane RB2. Butch said this was about consistency as much as anything else. I think they'll probably play about the same number of snaps though.

* Ayres as TE2. He must be a mean blocker, since he has no real experience as a pass catcher and they've been on Woody Quinn to get more physical.

* Croom and Smith bracketed as WR3. I really think this staff must be high on Smith's potential. He had the dropsies last week but apparently is a fantastic athlete.

* Peterman as QB2. I think the staff is hoping they won't have to worry about playing a frosh, so for now they plan to give Peterman the first crack at backup.

* Jordan Williams starting at DE over Marlon Walls. I think this says more about Williams than Walls. It sounds like he's been pretty disruptive in the pass rush.

* Hood starting at DT over Couch. Probably shouldn't read much into this, as I think Crouch will play both DT spots and see plenty of action. Still says something about Hood, though.

* Swafford, Arnold, and Juin in the two deep in the secondary. Yikes, that's a lot of walk-ons . . . I think Swafford can play but this says something about where our secondary is from a depth standpoint.

* Palardy will handle all three kicking duties. And, barring injury to Palardy, I don't think anybody is threatening to take one of these jobs. Darr and Bullock aren't pushing at all.

* Devrin Young is the KR and PR. No shock there, but I hope we see something from all the promise he showed in the kicking game when he first stepped on the field. I still think Dooley shot his confidence in that regard.

All in all this depth chart shows how short we are on experience and talent at several positions. But I think we'll be pretty strong up the middle on D and up front on O. If you're going to be good somewhere, that's where you'd like to be good. If Worley can be serviceable then I think we could be a fun team to watch.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 08:29:09 EDT »

I think Young was coached OUT of his natural a iLife's as a returner. 

Last year, CL was too good and the staff had too little time to screw him up in the return game.

I will state the previous staff did improve kick coverage but the return game regressed IMO

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2013, 08:38:53 EDT »

NOW we can discuss it!!   

I was trying to not be a butthole for a change. 
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2013, 09:55:05 EDT »

I was trying to not be a butthole for a change. 

I hate change. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: