VTTW Board Index
May 09, 2024, 11:28:00 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm coming to the game, y'all!!!  (Read 3712 times)
VOLveeta
« on: August 27, 2013, 07:37:32 EDT »

I actually FINALLY get a football Saturday off for the first time in FOREVER and I've got me a ticket so... I may see y'uns at the tailgate party if that's cool.   
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 02:02:59 EDT »

Well, I'm afraid I can't meet you again on the Henley St bridge, you know... because of the construction. Maybe I'll see ya elsewhere though!   
Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 02:15:40 EDT »

Well, I'm afraid I can't meet you again on the Henley St bridge, you know... because of the construction. Maybe I'll see ya elsewhere though!   

Did you see the announcement that the bridge will be open by Thanksgiving? Maybe TDOT will see fit to at least allow us to walk across the bridge for the Vandy game the Saturday before Thanksgiving. 
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 02:27:35 EDT »

Did you see the announcement that the bridge will be open by Thanksgiving? Maybe TDOT will see fit to at least allow us to walk across the bridge for the Vandy game the Saturday before Thanksgiving. 

Only two lanes will be open though. I suspect pedestrians won't be allowed to cross the bridge until its completion in January.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 04:00:22 EDT »

Oh, did you used to park across it too?
Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 05:27:38 EDT »

Only two lanes will be open though. I suspect pedestrians won't be allowed to cross the bridge until its completion in January.

Creek Walker
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2013, 05:28:10 EDT »

Oh, did you used to park across it too?

My favorite place to park. I just like the walk across the river.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2013, 05:37:49 EDT »

My favorite place to park. I just like the walk across the river.

Dad and I parked at the Kerns bakery, probably going back to the early 90's.  I remember visiting a church member at the Baptist hospital before a USC game.  We walked in, in full orange and before we could say anything I'll never forget them saying "you didn't come all this way to see me!  you were just walking by on your way to the game!" 

The funny part was seeing people paying $10 to park directly across the street.

It was a pleasant walk, but Dad says he likes parking at the coliseum better.
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2013, 06:09:06 EDT »

I actually FINALLY get a football Saturday off for the first time in FOREVER and I've got me a ticket so... I may see y'uns at the tailgate party if that's cool.  

We'll be in the usual spot, and TRObh and the kids will be there.  If you happen to be nearby, we'd love to see you.  And, if Ava is with you and you don't stop in,.........well, I won't say it here.  
Creek Walker
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2013, 06:21:26 EDT »

Dad and I parked at the Kerns bakery, probably going back to the early 90's.  I remember visiting a church member at the Baptist hospital before a USC game.  We walked in, in full orange and before we could say anything I'll never forget them saying "you didn't come all this way to see me!  you were just walking by on your way to the game!" 

The funny part was seeing people paying $10 to park directly across the street.

It was a pleasant walk, but Dad says he likes parking at the coliseum better.

Look here, Jack, I guess it would be funny to see the rest of us paying $10 to park across the street when you didn't bother to share the secret of the free parking. 
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2013, 06:28:48 EDT »

Look here, Jack, I guess it would be funny to see the rest of us paying $10 to park across the street when you didn't bother to share the secret of the free parking. 

LOL.  Ummm, sorry.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: