VTTW Board Index
May 10, 2024, 06:57:43 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A new addition to the vol family....  (Read 5712 times)
Memphisvolunteer
Starter

View Profile
« on: August 27, 2013, 06:40:19 EDT »

My wife and I found out today that we are having a girl.  Due in February!  Now I will have one of each.  My son and her will be 2 1/2 years apart...yikes!

Those with daughters...give me your advice!
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 06:48:14 EDT »

I'd take 5 more sons before another daughter. I know that isn't advice, but it is a forewarning. 
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 06:51:11 EDT »

My wife hopes we eventually have a little girl.  Actually, seeing as how we have so much in common maybe I should give her a call.   

Congrats!!!     Prayers for a happy and healthy process during the pregnancy!
Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 07:46:40 EDT »

Congrats to you and the wife. You'll find out how on your own about a lot of things. As a dad of a boy and a girl I worry about both of them but I always worry about my little girl more and she's only 25!!! Recommend you keep a shotgun close!!!!
Hollerboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 07:56:53 EDT »

Got two girls that are 9 and 11.  Nothing more precious than little girls.  I may loose alot of sleep in the coming years but the first 11 have been special.   If the lord told us we could have several more children but that they would be girls, I would take it in a heartbeat.  Here is an observation I made from the other day......walked into to the after-school care to pick up my girls.  All the girls in the room were playing quietly, reading books, doing crafts and were generally being sweet and pleasant.....all the boys, on the other hand, were in the floor, yelling, hitting each other, banging their heads on the wall and making truck noises.  Nothing sweeter than daddy's little girl!!!! 

VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 08:18:12 EDT »

Hollerboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2013, 08:23:39 EDT »

Let me put it to you this way....There is nothing more precious than baby girls with baby rabbits!!!

« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 08:25:21 EDT by Hollerboy » Logged

RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2013, 08:24:11 EDT »

First off Congrats from up hwy 51!  Being a father of a 24 and 18 year old girls (young ladies)  Remember this...
"Guns don't kill people, Dad's with pretty daughters do"!

I can send you membership information on the new DADD program. (Dads against daughters dating)
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2013, 08:56:39 EDT »

You worry about the girls and the boys....my baby girl is 40; my baby boy is 37 -- worry about them both still!  It never ends!  HA!!!    Little girls are very special, for sure....but then again, so are those sweet little boys!  :)  Since both of mine blessed me with pretty darn good teenage behavior (much less problems than I gave my parents!)....I can only say enjoy enjoy, enjoy!!!

MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2013, 08:59:25 EDT »

My wife and I found out today that we are having a girl.  Due in February!  Now I will have one of each.  My son and her will be 2 1/2 years apart...yikes!

Congrats, Memphis!  I have three girls: 8, 6 and 4 years old.  They are wonderful now, and I have a feeling will cause some sleepless nights once they all hit those tween/teen years.  But for now, I am just enjoying them as much as possible.  And the observation above about how boys and girls play differently is correct.  Our girls will play quietly alongside each other.  They use toys for their intended purpose.  Boys, as you probably know by now, see all toys as potential weapons that are used to bang and hit with. It is pretty interesting.

Bammer suxes! That is all!
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2013, 09:02:06 EDT »

My 11 year old girl has me wrapped around her little finger.  
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2013, 11:51:39 EDT »

Congrats!!

I've raised 1 boy and 2 girls...they are married with kids and in about 4 weeks will have my 4th grandchild.

Word of advise....when your daughter gets about 13 join the French Foreign Legion, Merchant Marines, go under the witness protection program etc....until she reaches 22-23 years old.

Something about a female....they lose their brains there for 10-11 years....GOOD LUCK!!!
tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2013, 01:29:36 EDT »

tnphil is absolutely correct! When my 2 daughters were little, they would play JAXs, paper dolls, and dress Barbie in their room for hours. I'd have to check on them to make sure they were still alive, I never heard a peep from them. My son, on the other hand, couldn't even sit quietly for 5 minutes while doing homework. He'd tap on the table with his pencil, he'd do dancing with his feet when I told him to quit the tapping.....and on and on.....However, when the girls hit their teen years, everything changed. The girls said I was old fashioned, didn't understand them, and was just darn right mean to them. Nothing changed with them until they were engaged......all of a sudden, I was their best friend again. As my son aged, he treated me like I was the world to him, until he met his wife. Now she is his world, and that's the way it should be. Boys? Girls? Good stages and OhHelpMeJesus stages. You'll love them through all of it. I'm so happy for you and your wife, get set for an adventure. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: