VTTW Board Index
May 09, 2024, 10:40:35 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Puppies  (Read 3929 times)
generic name here
Special Teamer

View Profile
« on: August 27, 2013, 07:09:17 EDT »

So my bluetick had 8 puppies on Sunday.
Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 07:42:00 EDT »

Cool!!!! Are you going to sell any of them? I might be interested. My Bluetick, Dixie, is a little over 13 years old and is my baby!!!!!
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 09:00:30 EDT »

They have the right lineage too, don't they?
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 09:57:32 EDT »

What is your Bluetick's name?

volsboyinsodak
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 10:07:56 EDT »

I've heard they, like any hunting dog, aren't a good choice as a family dog.  Is this true?
generic name here
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 10:57:07 EDT »

Yes, they are for sale. The parents' names are Ella and Checker. Checker is a great pet. Ella isn't bad either, but the dad is the best pet I've ever had.
Creek Walker
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2013, 11:06:54 EDT »

I've heard they, like any hunting dog, aren't a good choice as a family dog.  Is this true?

I've always had hunting dogs, and they've been the best, most loyal dogs I've ever had. Always great with kids, etc. IMO, you won't find a better breed than golden retrievers. I'm also particularly fond of beagles, although there are generally two types of beagles (really good ones and really stupid ones) with no in-between.
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2013, 12:38:36 EDT »

Vinnie, if you want a really, really good family dog that is wonderful with children, seriously look at the Cairn terrier -- I know me, Pirate and BarbiVol all have Cairns and they are the loves of our lives.   I don't know if I'll ever own another breed.  I've always wanted a blue tick, but I will have other cairns in my life someday!  Hubby just won't let me have a 2nd one right now!  HA!  :)

Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2013, 04:31:05 EDT »

Yes, they are for sale. The parents' names are Ella and Checker. Checker is a great pet. Ella isn't bad either, but the dad is the best pet I've ever had.

shoot me an e-mail and lets discuss it.
Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2013, 04:51:48 EDT »

I've had a few hunting dogs for pets and they all have been really good pets. Sadie was a Black Lab duck dog and was awesome. Kate was a Walker coon hound and was excellent, BigUn was a Black lab and was just as sweet as can be. I've got Dixie my Bluetick who is unbelievable gentle, she won't even defend herself. All of them were/are really good with kids and other pets and I would not trade them for anything.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2013, 06:36:42 EDT »

Vinnie, if you want a really, really good family dog that is wonderful with children, seriously look at the Cairn terrier -- I know me, Pirate and BarbiVol all have Cairns and they are the loves of our lives.   I don't know if I'll ever own another breed.  I've always wanted a blue tick, but I will have other cairns in my life someday!  Hubby just won't let me have a 2nd one right now!  HA!  :)

I hear great things about Cairns and Yorkies.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: