VTTW Board Index
May 20, 2024, 06:50:06 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do we always have some sort of smoldering dumpster on the hill that's one  (Read 5358 times)
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« on: November 27, 2017, 03:23:21 EST »

slight breeze away from a full blown eruption? I just don't understand what the root cause is, and it's getting frustrating going through these things year after year.

• the Fulmer release
  • Kiffin
  • Bruce Pearl
  • Dooley
  • Butch
  • Passing on Blackburn
  • Passing on more than a few coaches that openly stated they wanted to come to UT
  • Schiano coming in out of nowhere

This is getting So. Freaking. Old.

Who are the ones to blame for the constant state of embarrassment up on the Hill?

11B4PJ3F7
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 03:39:17 EST »

It mostly stems to the release of Fulmer IMO.  He should have been eased out.  Which in turn points to Hamilton.  Dickey was in retrospect a top AD.  We should have done better at replacing him. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 03:41:56 EST »

If Patterson had been hired instead of Kiffin we'd be fine.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 03:44:07 EST »

It mostly stems to the release of Fulmer IMO.  He should have been eased out.  Which in turn points to Hamilton.  Dickey was in retrospect a top AD.  We should have done better at replacing him. 

Hamilton!

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 03:50:11 EST »

slight breeze away from a full blown eruption? I just don't understand what the root cause is, and it's getting frustrating going through these things year after year.

• the Fulmer release
  • Kiffin
  • Bruce Pearl
  • Dooley
  • Butch
  • Passing on Blackburn
  • Passing on more than a few coaches that openly stated they wanted to come to UT
  • Schiano coming in out of nowhere

This is getting So. Freaking. Old.

Who are the ones to blame for the constant state of embarrassment up on the Hill?
It is beginning to appear that the puppet's sole focus for two (2) weeks was Schiano - everything else was window dressing
So those coaches that wanted to come here?  "Thanks for your inquiry but we are looking elsewhere"

I was wrong earlier, it wasn't a panic hire but a coldly calculated moronic move by a puppet for the H0H.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2017, 03:52:19 EST »

It is beginning to appear that the puppet's sole focus for two (2) weeks was Schiano - everything else was window dressing
So those coaches that wanted to come here?  "Thanks for your inquiry but we are looking elsewhere"

I was wrong earlier, it wasn't a panic hire but a coldly calculated moronic move by a puppet for the H0H.

the question is posed: Who's the true puppet master? Is it Haslem?

11B4PJ3F7
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2017, 03:53:40 EST »

Hamilton!

Hamilton had nothing to do with Schiano

11B4PJ3F7
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2017, 03:59:37 EST »

the question is posed: Who's the true puppet master? Is it Haslem?
oh yeah - this the House of Haslem (HoH)

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2017, 04:00:29 EST »

Hamilton had nothing to do with Schiano

I know, but he lit the fuse!

FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2017, 04:15:08 EST »

oh yeah - this the House of Haslem (HoH)

He thinks that he owns the team and is its' saving grace, but he's ripping it to shreds. He's on my last nerve

11B4PJ3F7
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2017, 04:21:27 EST »

I don't beleive that. I 've seen credible sources say there was a serious outreach to Mullen and Campbell.  Mullen obviously chose different and Campbell's buyout was considered too high.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2017, 04:22:42 EST »

Currie worked for Hamilton and got his training and experience from Hamilton. Currie was the lead on firing and finding a replacement for Fulmer at the direction of Hamilton. When you learn at the feet of a simpleton, what can people expect? The athletic department is controlled by Haslam dollars donated to the university. Big money buys big influence, but no guarantees that you are smart.

Currie has lost the confidence of a lot of the fan base. Currie may survive because the university administration is scared of angering Big Jim and losing money for a new academic building. But Currie had weeks to look at and vet coaches and he picked Butch 2.0 with less personality. When the politicians that actually fund the school start weighing in on hires, the school administration should worry because they have the political pull to fire the Trustees and appoint new ones that can fire or at least make their lives miserable. As soon as a politician smells any issue they can exploit, they will. This is all on Chancellor Davenport now because she hired Currie.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 05:52:36 EST by 73Volgrad » Logged
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2017, 04:33:04 EST »

Currie worked for Hamilton and got his training and experience from Hamilton. Currie was the lead on firing and finding a replacement for Fulmer at the direction of Hamilton. When you learn at the feet of a simpleton, what can people expect? The athletic department is controlled by Haslam dollars donated to the university. Big money buys big influence, but no guarantees that you are smart.

Currie has lot the confidence of a lot of the fan base. Currie may survive because the university administration is cared of angering Big Jim and losing money for a new academic building. But Currie had weeks to look at and vet coaches and he picked Butch 2.0 with less personality. When the politicians that actually fund the school start weighing in on hires, the school administration should worry because they have the political pull to fire the Trustees and appoint new ones that can fire or at least make their lives miserable. As soon as a politician smells any issue they can exploit, they will. This is all on Chancellor Davenport now because she hired Currie.

^Good post.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2017, 04:37:04 EST »

Currie has lot the confidence of a lot of the fan base. Currie may survive because the university administration is cared of angering Big Jim and losing money for a new academic building. But Currie had weeks to look at and vet coaches and he picked Butch 2.0 with less personality. When the politicians that actually fund the school start weighing in on hires, the school administration should worry because they have the political pull to fire the Trustees and appoint new ones that can fire or at least make their lives miserable. As soon as a politician smells any issue they can exploit, they will. This is all on Chancellor Davenport now because she hired Currie.

So...write your local legislator?   

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2017, 05:34:28 EST »

So...write your local legislator?   
if I lived there I would do so
I know some have

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2017, 05:37:01 EST »

I don't beleive that. I 've seen credible sources say there was a serious outreach to Mullen and Campbell.  Mullen obviously chose different and Campbell's buyout was considered too high.
i have credits have credible sources who say he was going after Schisno for 2 weeks

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2017, 05:52:16 EST »

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2017, 07:51:13 EST »

i have credits have credible sources who say he was going after Schisno for 2 weeks

I believe it, because the noise on Schiano started about two weeks ago and came seemingly out of nowhere.  That doesn't mean he was the only option. Why would it?

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2017, 09:48:32 EST »

Our program has some issues.....Sorry, but just throwing money at a top tier coach doesn't mean they will crawl to Knoxville.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2017, 09:50:30 EST »

Our program has some issues.....Sorry, but just throwing money at a top tier coach doesn't mean they will crawl to Knoxville.

Exactly.  But we only need one to come.  Hopefully the right one. 

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2017, 10:40:45 EST »

Currie has lost the confidence of a lot of the fan base. Currie may survive because the university administration is scared of angering Big Jim and losing money for a new academic building. But Currie had weeks to look at and vet coaches and he picked Butch 2.0 with less personality. When the politicians that actually fund the school start weighing in on hires, the school administration should worry because they have the political pull to fire the Trustees and appoint new ones that can fire or at least make their lives miserable. As soon as a politician smells any issue they can exploit, they will. This is all on Chancellor Davenport now because she hired Currie.

And I think that's ultimately what nixed the deal yesterday.  Not necessarily the fans because I think they think they can shove whatever they want down our throats and we will take it and get over it.  But when the politicians started getting involved, that's what stopped it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: