VTTW Board Index
May 13, 2024, 03:37:24 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I've seen some homer writers in my day...  (Read 3705 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: July 14, 2013, 07:49:27 EDT »

...but just...wow.  If you're a journalist who gets so close to your subjects that you become THIS blind to the obvious, it's time to re-evaluate your career.

http://buddymartinblog.wordpress.com/2013/07/13/the-truth-about-aaron-hernandez-and-urban-meyer/

Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 08:11:57 EDT »

That WAS a little humorous. The comments beneath the post were telling. Are we to believe that of all the people reading Buddy's article that only the folks who want to say "Great job!" or "Nice writing" are responding? I left a comment to see if he has the spine to post it. I don't think he will. If he doesn't, well, I guess that tells us all we need to know about Buddy. Nothing wrong with going to bat for one's friend, but don't do it under the pretense of objective journalism.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 10:18:16 EDT »

This is the third guy I've seen that has written about the "private bible study sessions" that urbs conducted in his home with AH.  Idle thought: wad Huntley Johnson present for any/all of these sessions?  Just asking.

droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 10:57:32 EDT »

That WAS a little humorous. The comments beneath the post were telling. Are we to believe that of all the people reading Buddy's article that only the folks who want to say "Great job!" or "Nice writing" are responding? I left a comment to see if he has the spine to post it. I don't think he will. If he doesn't, well, I guess that tells us all we need to know about Buddy. Nothing wrong with going to bat for one's friend, but don't do it under the pretense of objective journalism.

Surprisingly, it was posted along with a few other negative posts.

What a homer that guy is. He denies that he is and then goes about telling us about the close relationship and how much socializing he did with Meyer, just proving that he's a homer.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 06:47:18 EDT »

I posted a comment yesterday afternoon and he has yet to publish it.   Seeing as several others HAVE been published since then, I can only assume mine won't be. 

Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 01:07:56 EDT »

I was a little surprised to see him publish mine and a few other that could be interpreted as negative. So maybe I have to give him a little more credit.

But only a little. 
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 01:20:30 EDT »

I was a little surprised to see him publish mine and a few other that could be interpreted as negative. So maybe I have to give him a little more credit.

But only a little.  

Well, mine was a little more personal than the others.  I didn't get disrespectful or anything, but I DID challenge his premise of "If I didn't witness it, it didn't happen".  And I questioned if the access that urbs allowed him was really as "unlimited" as he seems to think it was.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: