VTTW Board Index
May 12, 2024, 07:30:36 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FREE Career Book Download on Wednesday (7/17)  (Read 1999 times)
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: July 15, 2013, 04:47:13 EDT »

My book for those in search of a real job has been uploaded to Amazon. This is a soft launch to test things technically and catch any errors. If you're bored enough to download it and find a problem you will get your ill-spent $0.99 back when I make it to a tailgate at some point in this lifetime. Really.

And yeah, it's written in a conversational style so most/all rules of the English language were discarded.

http://www.amazon.com/Game-Planning-Getting-Career-ebook/dp/B00DXY3TZ8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1373902283&sr=8-1&keywords=mcdermott+game+planning
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 12:32:42 EDT by murfvol » Logged

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 05:10:23 EDT »

That was quick. 

I'm going to publish a book of fictional short stories before Christmas through the vanity route and I've considered going strictly e-book.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 05:39:15 EDT »

Yeah, it's been pretty much done for awhile, and a couple of related "works" are near completion. Amazon is the worst way to go money-wise, but from an ease of use standpoint it's decent.

If north of five copies sell to non-family members I'll look at moving to Smashwords. I really liked what I saw there. Thanks for the heads-up on that site.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 06:23:34 EDT »

If north of five copies sell to non-family members I'll look at moving to Smashwords.

Well, consider me one. 
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 06:58:27 EDT »

It's a riveting read compared to, say, uh, umm, possibly a topo map of Kansas.

EDIT: The stupid version fraught with typos was uploaded.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 10:55:31 EDT by murfvol » Logged

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 07:16:22 EDT »

The updated version is available for FREE on 7/17. My apologies for not figuring out how to do that yesterday. Please note it is still devoid of commas (I loathe them), but that may be altered soon. I contend a glut neuter the conversational tone of the piece, but others contend they make it passably readable.

EDIT: Amazon wouldn't accept today's date so it's free Wednesday (7/17). A heads-up on any editing/formatting issues is appreciated.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 12:34:04 EDT by murfvol » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: