VTTW Board Index
May 13, 2024, 05:17:28 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Get ready for some ejections this fall in CFB  (Read 3073 times)
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: July 15, 2013, 05:55:50 EDT »

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/06/college_football_targeting_rul_1.html
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 06:09:45 EDT »

I have mixed feelings about this. Blatant head shots should be penalized but there will be some ejections on borderline hits or hits that weren't to the head.

But if it decreases the serious injuries I guess it's worth the effort. I definitely like the fact that perhaps players will make a tackle rather than just trying to lay on a big hit.

Make the danged tackle. 
Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 06:20:13 EDT »

Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb.

No, I don't like it, now that you ask. 
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 07:03:39 EDT »

I don't like anything with no gray area. I also dislike rules where an official's discretion comes into play. The only fair thing would be for me to be the benevolent dictator of college football.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 07:14:39 EDT »

The scenario that really bothers me is the unavoidable hit, where the offensive player lowers his head at the last moment.  But if they can somehow get it right so that only blatant offenses are punished, I'm somewhat ok with it.
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2013, 07:58:32 EDT »

The scenario that really bothers me is the unavoidable hit, where the offensive player lowers his head at the last moment.  But if they can somehow get it right so that only blatant offenses are punished, I'm somewhat ok with it.

Hopefully they will at least try to determine who caused the helmet to helmet...it shouldn't be on the defense by default.
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2013, 08:36:07 EDT »

Why couldn't there be a video review of the questionable hit???
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2013, 08:52:30 EDT »

My thought also, similar to the flagrant 1 or 2 in BB, review it first, then penalize it.

Why couldn't there be a video review of the questionable hit???

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2013, 09:01:09 EDT »

How many flags will we start reviewing? That is a bad precedent, if they do it.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2013, 09:37:20 EDT »

I hope reviews are used too, but then the flow of the game is ruined.  Also, losing your star DB in the 4th qtr could mean the difference in the game for teams lucky enough to have one.  This going to alter the outcome of games.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: