VTTW Board Index
May 12, 2024, 08:35:52 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cortez McDowell just committed  (Read 4893 times)
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« on: July 16, 2013, 05:49:49 EDT »

https://twitter.com/Cortez_mcdowell

http://247sports.com/Player/Cortez-McDowell-25457

6'1", 205 lb safety out of GA.

4* 247, 4* Rivals, 4* ESPN.

Brick.

By.

Brick.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 05:53:24 EDT »

Offer list:

Alabama
Arkansas
Auburn
Cincinnati
Florida State
Georgia
Georgia Tech
Kentucky
Miami
Michigan State
Mississippi State
Missouri
NC State
UNC
Ohio State
Ole Miss
Purdue
Syracuse
Texas Tech
Vanderbilt
West VA
Wisconsin

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 06:07:05 EDT »

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 06:15:45 EDT »

The gap between us and 2nd on Rivals is widening. Now up to #2 on 247.

We've got 9 or 10 slots left. Make 4 of those linemen, bring home the Berry twins, Kevin Mouhon, Rashaan Gaulden, Josh Malone, and Dominique Booth if there's room.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 06:45:21 EDT »

The gap between us and 2nd on Rivals is widening. Now up to #2 on 247.

We've got 9 or 10 slots left. Make 4 of those linemen, bring home the Berry twins, Kevin Mouhon, Rashaan Gaulden, Josh Malone, and Dominique Booth if there's room.

I'll readily admit that I've not been following our recruiting very closely, mostly just reacting when someone commits.  I knew early on we were were ranked so highly because we had so many commits.  But the other day Ainge said "that's no longer the reason we're #1" indicating we have a legit shot at a top 5 finish.  Is this the case?
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 06:51:07 EDT »

I'll readily admit that I've not been following our recruiting very closely, mostly just reacting when someone commits.  I knew early on we were were ranked so highly because we had so many commits.  But the other day Ainge said "that's no longer the reason we're #1" indicating we have a legit shot at a top 5 finish.  Is this the case?

Number of commits is why we're #1 on Rivals. But 247 sort of normalizes as it goes, not giving teams too much credit just for piling up recruits, and we're sitting at #2 there.

It's a top 10-15 class if we stopped right here where we are. Add the guys I think we should add and it's top 5. I doubt we stay at #1 with the way the megaprograms tend to finish the recruiting year but this is an outstanding class.

Memphisvolunteer
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2013, 08:49:37 EDT »

Not only that, but also there is a real possibility that some of our 4 star guys could gain their 5th star when new evals come out.
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2013, 09:03:32 EDT »

Not only that, but also there is a real possibility that some of our 4 star guys could gain their 5th star when new evals come out.

If they do, we will have a monster class. Assuming everyone stays committed that is. I will be shocked if we don't lose anyone.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2013, 09:51:06 EDT »

Vinnie, we're #1 by a mile right now on rivals, and based on who we lead for, we likely finish with a top 5 class.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2013, 12:10:10 EDT »

Vinnie, we're #1 by a mile right now on rivals, and based on who we lead for, we likely finish with a top 5 class.

Nice.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2013, 02:59:29 EDT »

Our average star rating on Rivals is now 3.4.  That's inching closer to elite territory, and it should only go up by signing day. 

As for guys getting bumped up in the ratings, I'd say that Hurd is almost a lock to get his 5th star.  Bates has a good chance to as well, given his performance at the devil's Nike camp a few weeks ago.  And TK could with a strong season. 

But most of our upward mobility, imo, will come from our current 3*s.  I think as many as 5 of them could become 4*s before all is said and done.

Creek Walker
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2013, 03:12:18 EDT »

I agree that Hurd is likely to be a 5-star. Not so sure about Bates and TK2.

Speaking of 5-stars, if UT could somehow land Damian Prince, I would name my next dog Butch. Get Prince and Dontavius Blair together and I might rename my son Butch. I know Prince is a very long shot and I suppose Blaire is too now that Auburn is in the mix.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2013, 05:10:21 EDT »

Article on McDowell: http://www.ajc.com/weblogs/college-recruiting/2013/jul/16/cortez-mcdowell-tennessee-edges-auburn-and-uga-no-/

So the goes to "Dawg Night" last Friday and commits to the Vols on Tuesday.  Love it.   
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2013, 05:34:32 EDT »

I agree that Hurd is likely to be a 5-star. Not so sure about Bates and TK2.

Speaking of 5-stars, if UT could somehow land Damian Prince, I would name my next dog Butch. Get Prince and Dontavius Blair together and I might rename my son Butch. I know Prince is a very long shot and I suppose Blaire is too now that Auburn is in the mix.

Forget Prince, but Blair is not a long shot.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: