VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 10:19:56 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A few O&W observations  (Read 1535 times)
Creek Walker
« on: April 21, 2013, 12:04:32 EDT »

This is based on the first half, since I left at halftime. 

The defense is definitely improved from last year, but that isn't saying a whole lot. Pretty good speed on the corners, good discipline on the interior. Randolph had a really great game. In addition to the INT and long return he played good in coverage and had some nice open-field tackles. Cory Vereen...hello! Four sacks...in the first half. I'd like to think the defense was as good as they looked today, but there's no way to take much away from a spring game...plus the offense probably made them look quite a bit better than they actually were.

Offensively, there's no way to say it except thank God Austin Peay isn't next week. There's still a long way to go with this group. We don't have a quarterback who is ready to play SEC ball right now, period. Peterman showed really good arm strength on a couple of deep throws and a bit of nice maneuverability but was way, way too hesitant with the ball in his hand and not very accurate. I was not impressed with Worley on any level.

Neal had a couple of nice moments, and it's easy to see why the coaches are so high on Alden Hill right now. He has a chance to be good. The offensive line did a poor job of popping holes, and had entirely too much problems with fundamentals. Receivers were only so-so; too many drops and just a lackluster effort, though Blanc had a really nice cutback when he took the ball to the house for a 58-yd TD reception from Worley.

Special teams are still going to be anything but. Punting is horrific; placekicking is so-so. Palardy did bounce one across the cross-bar from 52 yards out, but Toole missed from 36.
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 12:11:59 EDT »

This is based on the first half, since I left at halftime. 

The defense is definitely improved from last year, but that isn't saying a whole lot. Pretty good speed on the corners, good discipline on the interior. Randolph had a really great game. In addition to the INT and long return he played good in coverage and had some nice open-field tackles. Cory Vereen...hello! Four sacks...in the first half. I'd like to think the defense was as good as they looked today, but there's no way to take much away from a spring game...plus the offense probably made them look quite a bit better than they actually were.

Offensively, there's no way to say it except thank God Austin Peay isn't next week. There's still a long way to go with this group. We don't have a quarterback who is ready to play SEC ball right now, period. Peterman showed really good arm strength on a couple of deep throws and a bit of nice maneuverability but was way, way too hesitant with the ball in his hand and not very accurate. I was not impressed with Worley on any level.

Neal had a couple of nice moments, and it's easy to see why the coaches are so high on Alden Hill right now. He has a chance to be good. The offensive line did a poor job of popping holes, and had entirely too much problems with fundamentals. Receivers were only so-so; too many drops and just a lackluster effort, though Blanc had a really nice cutback when he took the ball to the house for a 58-yd TD reception from Worley.

Special teams are still going to be anything but. Punting is horrific; placekicking is so-so. Palardy did bounce one across the cross-bar from 52 yards out, but Toole missed from 36.

I liked the defense also. The quarterbacks have a ways to go. The best receivers were hurt,the guys that played couldn't get open consistantly. I like the emphasis on getting the running game going,I think it will be a strength.

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: