VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 09:23:55 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the road over the mountain to NC open now?  (Read 2504 times)
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« on: April 24, 2013, 03:50:50 EDT »

Headed up to Gatlinburg this weekend.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 04:07:40 EDT »

Pretty sure it is.  Don't forget to eat at Best Italian! 
Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 04:29:29 EDT »

Yep.
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 04:47:16 EDT »

Thanks guys!
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 06:18:17 EDT »

Pretty sure it is.  Don't forget to eat at Best Italian! 

Looked at the menu. If it tastes as good as it reads.....
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 07:56:02 EDT »

Looked at the menu. If it tastes as good as it reads.....

It is THE restaurant for us in Gburg.  Just ask Creek, he's a fan as well.   

Calzones as big as your head, garlic knots that you just can't stop eating, fantastic pizza.  Granted I'm a creature of habit, but I've been going there for 15 years and cannot get enough.  I wish I was there right now.

My tip:  They now have a second location in Gatlinburg on the main drag, but the wife and I prefer the original location in the Elks Plaza shopping center.
Creek Walker
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 08:46:13 EDT »

Speaking of Gatlinburg restaurants, I was really disappointed with the Park Grill last time I ate there. They've changed their menu (salad bar is now an extra $5 rather than being included with the meal) and their decor. The food wasn't terrible, but not really worth the money IMO. That used to be my favorite place in the Smokies to eat.

Best Italian is excellent. Unimaginative name but definitely an apt description.  There, Park Grill and The Apple Barn have always been high on my list.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2013, 09:19:47 EDT »

Speaking of Gatlinburg restaurants, I was really disappointed with the Park Grill last time I ate there. They've changed their menu (salad bar is now an extra $5 rather than being included with the meal) and their decor. The food wasn't terrible, but not really worth the money IMO. That used to be my favorite place in the Smokies to eat.

Best Italian is excellent. Unimaginative name but definitely an apt description.  There, Park Grill and The Apple Barn have always been high on my list.

We don't visit Park Grill nearly as much since the menu change.  It was one of our favorites too, as you and I have discussed.  Now it's more of a special occasion spot because we really like the ambiance (even though the decor has also changed to some kind of odd artsy rustic motif) and like I told you we went there on our first date so it has sentimental value.  That salad bar is still killer, too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: