VTTW Board Index
May 20, 2024, 11:56:08 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You highlanders need to take a long nap  (Read 1297 times)
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« on: December 17, 2022, 07:40:08 EST »

UT vs AZ is at 10:30 Eastern. 
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2022, 09:02:22 EST »

I routinely have insomnia & it is Saturday. No problem for me in the EST zone 
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2022, 09:17:34 EST »

Probably safe to assume that JJJ will be out. I wonder what other surprise injuries we’ll have? Because you know there will be at least one.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2022, 12:28:55 EST »

What?  Doesn't everyone go to bed NET than 1 am?   

But I probably can't talk much longer. After years of resisting I finally allowed myself to be promoted to supervisor at work. I am going to have keep more regular hours and be in earlier now.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2022, 12:59:08 EST »

But I probably can't talk much longer. After years of resisting I finally allowed myself to be promoted to supervisor at work. I am going to have keep more regular hours and be in earlier now.   
BRUHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2022, 01:26:21 EST »

Oh lort. Good luck. Employees can make your life hell. Most front line managers don't have authority to fire people. You have to document blah, blah, blah.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2022, 01:28:45 EST »

Probably safe to assume that JJJ will be out. I wonder what other surprise injuries we’ll have? Because you know there will be at least one.

Starting to get worried JJJ has something like Jerrone Maymon had in one of Pearl's last year's. He had really blossomed the previous, but had knee issues that entire year, and never really was very productive.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2022, 01:34:19 EST by SmokeyJoe » Logged
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2022, 02:13:57 EST »

Just a feeling but I don't see us getting much out of JJJ this season. Much like Tillman in football. Hope my feeling is wrong.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2022, 02:29:38 EST »

Just a feeling but I don't see us getting much out of JJJ this season. Much like Tillman in football. Hope my feeling is wrong.

Yeah, it's starting to feel that way. But it's a long season- maybe he'll be ready to contribute by March.

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2022, 02:33:50 EST »

JJJ is important, but means more minutes for Mashak probably, or one of the PF. Didn't JJJ play 3 or 4? I think he did. I wish the 4star freshman pg would start getting some minutes! Can't imagine he is so bad he can't run the point for 5-10 minutes per half. This happens every year.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2022, 03:41:24 EST »

I’m already fading… 
Creek Walker
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2022, 04:37:38 EST »

I’m already fading… 

I had good intentions of this but...same. 

10:30 pm on a Saturday night and can't stay awake for a Top 10 matchup. 20-year-old me is laughing its butt off at what the 40-year-old me has become.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2022, 05:19:08 EST »

It’s probably safe to go to bed. Good game so far, but it’s beyond obvious that the refs aren’t going to allow us to win this one.

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2022, 05:31:04 EST »

It’s probably safe to go to bed. Good game so far, but it’s beyond obvious that the refs aren’t going to allow us to win this one.
I’m not disputing that they got some calls in that half. Last years fouls were 28/16 in our favor. They were 12/18 from the line and we were 18/27. We probably got a good whistle at home against them.

Good teams have to find a way to win in spite of the poor whistle. Its gonna happen on the road more often than not.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2022, 05:36:37 EST by JeffCountyVolFan » Logged
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2022, 05:36:50 EST »

I’m not disputing that they got some calls in that half. Last years fouls were 28/16 in our favor. They were 12/18 from the line and we were 18/27. We probably got a good whistle at home against them.

I just looked up last year’s game myself. Yes, it was a bit lopsided in our favor. But still- they have a 12-0 FT advantage in the 1st half tonight? That’s ridiculous. I would hope that evens up a bit in the 2nd, but I’m not holding my breath.

Not that last year’s game should matter anyway.

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2022, 05:39:21 EST »

I just looked up last year’s game myself. Yes, it was a bit lopsided in our favor. But still- they have a 12-0 FT advantage in the 1st half tonight? That’s ridiculous. I would hope that evens up a bit in the 2nd, but I’m not holding my breath.

Not that last year’s game should matter anyway.
They got almost all of the calls in that half.  My point wasn't that last year's game should matter, but that on the road it happens a lot.  Good teams have to find a way to adapt and play through it.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2022, 06:27:10 EST »

Whatever happens in this last 4 minutes, this has been a great effort. I kinda expected to get blown out in this game.

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2022, 06:32:26 EST »

Whatever happens in this last 4 minutes, this has been a great effort. I kinda expected to get blown out in this game.
I agree. Arizona is a really good team, imo.

4 straight empty possessions after getting back within 1 really hurts. It ain’t over! Put on more steam!
Creek Walker
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2022, 06:35:56 EST »

Some terrible shots in the last few minutes. Also an absolutely horrendous lack of a foul call on the sequence with just under a minute remaining. No foul call on the shot? No foul call on the rebound?!? 
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2022, 06:40:55 EST »

One close OOC loss in December ultimately won’t matter. We’re the better team, imo. I hope we see them again on a neutral floor.

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2022, 07:41:40 EST »

Somebody has to lose. I thought we played pretty well. However, Santi never shoots well when I watch.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2022, 04:17:41 EST »

Somebody has to lose. I thought we played pretty well. However, Santi never shoots well when I watch.
SV is only 31/100 for the season, according to ESPN.
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2022, 09:26:07 EST »

Some terrible shots in the last few minutes. Also an absolutely horrendous lack of a foul call on the sequence with just under a minute remaining. No foul call on the shot? No foul call on the rebound?!? 

Those both were pretty freaking horrible no calls.  The foul on the shot was pretty clear cut, the foul on the rebound was just plain flagrant. 

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2022, 03:30:26 EST »

In the SEC you can send film to the conference. I hope Barnes has this option for a nonconference game

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: