VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 04:27:08 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: We absolutely suck and are now getting worse  (Read 12207 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 04, 2015, 04:36:18 EDT »

What do we do? debord was a disaster hire and our defense is getting worse too

SmokeyJoe
Re:
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 04:39:14 EDT »

Unbelievable. Debord. My God. We are screwt. Nothing we can do till AFTER next year 😕

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 04:44:36 EDT »

What do we do? debord was a disaster hire and our defense is getting worse too

The OC didn't miss wide open receivers all over the field
The were getting open against the zone

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2015, 04:47:31 EDT »

I'ts  time to let some of this friendship."I worked with him at ........." go and get some good position
coaches that will make VOL Nation proud. The team is lacking BIG TIME in a couple key positions and
IMO  will not progress but regress like we are watching them do right now.  I love my VOLS  through
thick and thin but some shizzle is really hard to tolerate when it can be fixed!

GO VOLS!!!!!
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2015, 04:49:24 EDT »

We all know Dobbs isn't going to pick people apart. They didn't use what he can do....run the ball. He kept it twice all night. When the other team continuously runs clock, you don't want to go 3 and out throwing the ball and hand it back. Ugh.....

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2015, 04:49:49 EDT »

Horrible loss for our program.  We are staring 7-5 in the face and it could easily get worse.

Beating uga and/or bammer would help tremendously but at this point ....   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2015, 04:50:08 EDT »

I heard the announcers say we were a running team. I think that's because our QB can't pass and we have no other choice.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2015, 04:51:56 EDT »

Horrible loss for our program.  We are staring 7-5 in the face and it could easily get worse.

Beating uga and/or bammer would help tremendously but at this point ....   

are you kidding me? This team, coaches, fans, are totally going to be out of it now. We beat Vandy, SCe, and N Tex. 5-7

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2015, 04:55:50 EDT »

We all know Dobbs isn't going to pick people apart. They didn't use what he can do....run the ball. He kept it twice all night. When the other team continuously runs clock, you don't want to go 3 and out throwing the ball and hand it back. Ugh.....

how many of these were Dobbs' decision?

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2015, 04:59:35 EDT »

Dobbs was the leading rusher last week...tonight he doesn't run. Smart!
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2015, 05:07:18 EDT »

I'ts  time to let some of this friendship."I worked with him at ........." go and get some good position
coaches that will make VOL Nation proud. The team is lacking BIG TIME in a couple key positions and
IMO  will not progress but regress like we are watching them do right now.  I love my VOLS  through
thick and thin but some shizzle is really hard to tolerate when it can be fixed!

GO VOLS!!!!!
I haven't seen any sign of progress from our returning players from last year..They ALL have gotten worse..Is a reflection of coaching.. I won't be wasting another Saturday watching this horse shizzle
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2015, 05:09:11 EDT »

how many of these were Dobbs' decision?

Doubt many. Bringing me to my point about the coaches.

I think Dobbs needs to be benched as well.
\

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2015, 05:09:31 EDT »

I like Dobbs. He is a competitor. I don't think, however, that we can be any kind of contender  with him in the QB spot. He is simply too limited as a passing threat.

I also suggest that maybe, just maybe, the staff didn't want Josh to carry the ball as much because he put it on the turf 3 times last week.

Hurd runs it 4 times in the second half? I suppose our halftime adjustment was to become a passing team.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 05:25:07 EDT by JeffCountyVolFan » Logged
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2015, 05:31:46 EDT »

You cannot win against decent teams without at least a minimal passing attack.   We are not now at,  and nor will we rise to,  a minimal level.   Arkansas commited 100% to run defense in the second half,  because the run is our only threat other than kick returns.   As a result,  we finally had receivers running open the entire half.   Dobbs was incredibly inaccurate tonight,  even completions were behind/high/low/ no touch throws.   The bottom line is that we cannot beat anyone who can eventually stop our running game.   Our only hope would be to go with a QB who can throw the ball,  and Butch will not make that change.   We are done.   With Dobbs,  we are 5-7/6-6.  Great kid,  great runner,  but not a QB we can win with week in/ week out.

I like Dobbs. He is a competitor. I don't think, however, that we can be any kind of contender with him the the QB spot. He is simply too limited as a passing threat.

I also suggest that maybe, just maybe, the staff didn't want Josh to carry the ball as much because he put it on the turf 3 times last week.

Hurd runs it 4 times in the second half? I suppose our halftime adjustment was to become a passing team.

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2015, 06:07:47 EDT »

Doubt many. Bringing me to my point about the coaches.

I think Dobbs needs to be benched as well.
\

i'd add that some FR OL need to play as well.  The starters have issues with pass protection all too often

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2015, 03:29:09 EDT »

are you kidding me? This team, coaches, fans, are totally going to be out of it now. We beat Vandy, SCe, and N Tex. 5-7

meh.  I'm still going to hope for 7-5.  It's better for our program.  6-6 unacceptable but another losing season is a disaster. 

We're going to find out whether we want to or not.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2015, 03:35:39 EDT »

meh.  I'm still going to hope for 7-5.  It's better for our program.  6-6 unacceptable but another losing season is a disaster. 

We're going to find out whether we want to or not.   
i think 5-7 more likely than 7-5
We should be 5-0 but are 2-3 and getting worse as the season goes along.
I saw the fan base turn last night in the stadium.  I think the fan base will turn out Saturday but another debacle like 3 of the last 4 weeks Neyland will be a ghost town by the time the lame chickens come to town.

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2015, 01:52:26 EDT »

i think 5-7 more likely than 7-5
We should be 5-0 but are 2-3 and getting worse as the season goes along.
I saw the fan base turn last night in the stadium.  I think the fan base will turn out Saturday but another debacle like 3 of the last 4 weeks Neyland will be a ghost town by the time the lame chickens come to town.

It was so bad the color guy commented on it during the telecast.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2015, 02:50:00 EDT »

i'd add that some FR OL need to play as well.  The starters have issues with pass protection all too often

That's because we have veteran OL that have no business on a SEC team.

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2015, 03:38:26 EDT »

But that's what the chart said to do .....................

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2015, 05:26:40 EDT »

Florida is 5-0 and ranked 12th in the country playing Freshman at OL with a first year head coach and staff.....At UT it's a 3 year 'Process'.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2015, 01:26:30 EDT »

Florida is 5-0 and ranked 12th in the country playing Freshman at OL with a first year head coach and staff.....At UT it's a 3 year 'Process'.

Those Croc freshmen must have taken more airplane rides before they got to Gainesville.   

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2015, 05:58:16 EDT »

Whatever else you say, Florida had  talent left from the Muschamp years, especially on D. His last couple of classes sucked but they have plenty of 4/5 star upperclassmen recruits.  Also, whatever else you say about Muschamp, the defense was not nearly in the shambles it was at Tennessee, in fact, Muschamp arguably had half a team that was up to SEC standards. 

I would say that right now, in 2015, the Vols finally have talent that is comparable to Florida's.  If it's "better", it isn't by much.  But if you compare 2015 Florida to 2013 Tennessee, it's night and day.  No way in fizzleing hell did we have anything in 2013 compared to what McIlroy inherited at Florida this year.  He inherited a really good defense and an offense that had been systematically mismanaged for 4 years.  But that happens to fit what he does best, which is coach offense.

Now...has McIlroy done a better job than Jones?  Absolutely.  He is a better coach, hands down.  But comparing 2013 Vols team to this year's Florida team is apples to oranges.

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2015, 06:00:22 EDT »

Why do you keep excusing this staffs ineptitude? What have they done that has convinced you this is the right staff? Should this team not be 5-0 right now?

volsboyinsodak
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2015, 06:02:20 EDT »

Why do you keep excusing this staffs ineptitude? What have they done that has convinced you this is the right staff? Should this team not be 5-0 right now?
Not excusing anything, take the post in context, or don't bother posting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
At least I support the team, which many doubt you ever have

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: