VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 10:32:19 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What annoys you about bammer football?  (Read 6812 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 23, 2015, 02:56:30 EDT »

And I'm not talking about the obvious (misplaced arrogance, exaggerated number of NCs, etc.)- I mean the little things.  The obnoixous things that, when you're watching a bammer game in person or on TV, make you think, "God, I freaking hate these guys".  Here's a partial list of mine:

1. The $800,000 Band just won't STFU.  Bammer scores?  They're playing.  Bammer's opponent scores?  Yep, they're playing.  Injured player writhing in pain on the field?  You guessed it, they're playing.  They have no sense of timing, nor shame.  The Pride gets derided for playing Rocky Top too much, but they have nothing on these guys.  And speaking of the $800,000 band...

2. "Yea Alabama" is the "In a Gadda Da Vida" of college fight songs.  If you've only seen their games on TV you may not realize it, but their fight song is like 4 times longer than any other.  They don't play the whole thing in-game, because there is never a break that long.  But during pregame warmups they'll start playing it.  9 minutes later, you're thinking, "Wait is this still happening?  Is this even the same song, or are they playing something else that sounds just like it?"  But no, it's the same damn song.  I think there's even an organ solo in there somewhere.  And staying on the music theme...  

3. Bammers are born with the innate ability to insert the phrase "row tahd" into any piece of music ever written.  And I'm not just talking "Sweet Home Alabama".   I'm talking anything that gets played over that PA.  Anything.  No matter how stupid or obscure.  Here are some examples:

Sweeet Caroline
(Row tahd row!)
Good times never felt so good

Rollin' down the street, smokin' indo, sippin' on gin and juice
Roooooow Tahd!
With my mind on my money and my money on my mind

Skyrockets in flight
(Row Tahd!)
Afternoon delight!

Dale a tu cuerpo alegria Macarena
Que tu cuerpo es pa' darle alegria y cosa buena
Dale a tu cuerpo alegria, Macarena
Heeeey Macarena
(Row Tahd!)

But the most annoying thing about bammer, maybe the most annoying thing in SEC footb...no, ALL of college football is:

4. That mic'd up male cheerleader.  OMG, this guy is the worst.  He sounds like he's coming from the bottom of a well.  On TV, you can hear him droning "roooooooooooowwwwwwww tahd!" for three solid hours.  Sometimes, they'll turn up the volume and he'll even drown out Verne.  You're thankful when they cut to commercial, and you're turning cartwheels at halftime, because you finally get a break from that obnoxious SOB.  But watch the entire game, and even when you go to sleep, he'll haunt your dreams that night.  I seriously want to go down there and shove that microphone right down his suckhole.  It would be worth the jail time.

One more, this one is personal.  When I was growing up, the family living next door were bammers.  As this was pre-1982, we were in the midst of a long losing streak to those tree-killing bastards.  And every year during this week, the father next door would tell us the same joke:

Q: What do the Vols and the Moon have in common?
A: They're both controlled by the tide!

Now, even as an 8 year old kid, I remember thinking to myself, "I'm pretty sure that's not how that works".  But as I was just a kid and he was an adult, I never attempted to correct him.  I'm sure he was probably a graduate of bammer's oceanography program.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 02:59:14 EDT by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 03:06:51 EDT »

bamer SUCKS. period. dot.

'nuf said

Avoid the rush, HATE bamer early and often.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 03:21:33 EDT »

The aggravating nature of the Bama band is duly noted.

But I've got to say that I have never heard anything more annoying than that one note the Oklahoma band plays while their opponent has the ball before the snap. They hold it and hold it and hold it, etc., ad infinitum, ad nauseum. I was yelling at the TV for them to STFU. That had to be the most annoying thing I've heard while watching a football game. Except for perhaps "Tiger Rag". (The tiglet Tiger Rag.) 
JDBVOL
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2015, 03:32:57 EDT »

PA announces 1st down...

roll tide

good lawd I just can't stand roll tide

the strength and conditioning coach yelling on the sideline as well he can be heard for hours and hours and hours afterwards-that dudes is a douche.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2015, 02:27:23 EDT »

everything

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2015, 02:39:17 EDT »

everything

this 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2015, 03:02:45 EDT »

I'll be the one to admit it, so that Bandit can razz me unmercifully: I don't really find an annoyance with Alabama. I tend to root against them a lot of the time because their interests are contrary to our interests, but Saban is actually one of my favorite SEC coaches. I can't stand that douchebag who is his offensive coordinator, though.
MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2015, 07:12:56 EDT »

everything

Werd.

Bammer suxes! That is all!
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2015, 09:36:45 EDT »

I don't really find an annoyance with Alabama. Saban is actually one of my favorite SEC coaches.

tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2015, 09:53:14 EDT »

The thing I hate the most is that we haven't been able to beat them. If we could just stomp the crap out of them, I could like them a lot better.
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2015, 11:36:15 EDT »

The stadium is the highest piece of Alabummer building outside of Birmingham and since it was designed by Alabummer engineering it amazes me that it ain't fell down already and talk about high....you need a Sherpa to get anything to drink or eat when you are sitting up in that holy hell of an upper deck of a stadium!

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

VOLveeta
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2015, 11:40:53 EDT »

The entitlement of the fans.  They are spoiled azzholes.
Creek Walker
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2015, 11:58:57 EDT »

I change my vote. The thing that annoys me most is all the freakin calls Alabama gets from the stripes.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2015, 12:01:26 EDT »

Everything within my sight

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2015, 12:08:56 EDT »

I change my vote. The thing that annoys me most is all the freakin calls Alabama gets from the stripes.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Hog Mike
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2015, 12:57:17 EDT »

todo es irritante de fútbol Alabama...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: