VTTW Board Index
May 04, 2024, 05:45:49 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So both Ark and Aub are both assembling monster staffs at this point  (Read 4048 times)
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: January 04, 2013, 02:46:44 EST »

And we get the Cincy staff.  Starting to feel meh about this again.  
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 02:57:07 EST »

One positive about this staff — I talked to a couple of high school coaches today and they say these guys are working their butts off in-state on recruiting and they really like this staff.
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 03:48:06 EST »

And we get the Cincy staff.  Starting to feel meh about this again.  

To Hell with Arkansas and the Barners! I'm happy so far with Butch and His staff,He's putting a lot of efford into recruiting and I like that

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 05:08:30 EST »

I will be a fan as always but a jaded one who is waiting for something positive to happen on the field. I won't be back to Knoxville until they prove something, I will just watch on tv. 
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 05:10:26 EST »

I don't know about monster staffs, we will see. I do like Auburn's hire of Biasacca,
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 05:19:33 EST »

not as good as Lane Kiffin's all-world staff.   Moral of the story, be careful what you covet.

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2013, 08:51:52 EST »

Let's see how the team does on the field next year, especially the D.  That's all that matters to me.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2013, 11:32:11 EST »

I don't know about monster staffs, we will see. I do like Auburn's hire of Biasacca,

"monster" might be over the top... but I would describe them as "impressive on paper".

TN is the best job of all three, too.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2013, 02:16:43 EST »

"monster" might be over the top... but I would describe them as "impressive on paper".

TN is the best job of all three, too.

Auburn is taking more time, and the NFL firings have helped them.

101stDad
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2013, 03:57:48 EST »

not as good as Lane Kiffin's all-world staff.   Moral of the story, be careful what you covet.

This.

Our last "monster staff" brought the NCAA to town. 

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2013, 04:08:23 EST »

This.

Our last "monster staff" brought the NCAA to town. 

And just to add to this, Urban Meyer's first staff at UF was far from a monster on paper . . . Charlie Strong was the only "name" assistant on that staff and he was a holdover from Zook. About half the staff came from Utah with Meyer.

But as it turned out that staff did end up being a monster. Currently, among those 9 coaches, four are head coaches, two are coordinators, two are co-coordinators at BCS schools, and one is an assistant with Meyer at OSU.

So you never can tell.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2013, 05:14:35 EST »

And just to add to this, Urban Meyer's first staff at UF was far from a monster on paper . . . Charlie Strong was the only "name" assistant on that staff and he was a holdover from Zook. About half the staff came from Utah with Meyer.

But as it turned out that staff did end up being a monster. Currently, among those 9 coaches, four are head coaches, two are coordinators, two are co-coordinators at BCS schools, and one is an assistant with Meyer at OSU.

So you never can tell.

Yeah and a key to that was that it leaves you wondering how much Urban depended on his staff.  There is a lot of hate for Mullen lately, but no doubt the gator offense took a downturn when he left.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2013, 05:42:03 EST »

So you never can tell.

I feel better now.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: