VTTW Board Index
May 04, 2024, 08:05:00 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I really don't understand how you can shoot this bad.....  (Read 4507 times)
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« on: January 05, 2013, 02:42:54 EST »

after playing as much basketball as these guys do?  They should be embarrassed. 
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 02:46:01 EST »

after playing as much basketball as these guys do?  They should be embarrassed. 

Not surprising though. We've been doing it all season! Also, Memphis has hit at least 5 really tough shots. They are uber athletic and we have to play much better on both ends.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 02:49:07 EST »

That great defense of ours forgot to show up tonight. 42 first half points? If Memphis scores even half that in the 2nd we have no chance of catching up. They are controlling the tempo and the paint and knocking down shots they should (and some they shouldn't). We aren't affecting them on either end.

This is a horrible effort against a team that really isn't that good.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 02:51:00 EST »

We have no continuity on offense.  We have cutters but nobody seems to pay attention them, sort of like they have never played together.  It sort of reminds me when we had Tyler Smith, we would stand around on offense and wait for him to make a play with 5 or seconds left on the shor clock.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 03:00:25 EST »

Comments before I ignore this ridiculousness to watch the Cotton Bowl:

* Skylar McBee is not a D-I basketball player. He was a questionable SEC player at best when he was hitting open threes at a reasonable clip. Now that he can't hit anything no matter how open, he is totally worthless on the floor. This is made worse by the fact that . . .

* Cuonzo's recruits are not helping us at all right now. Richardson and Reese are the only ones worth a damn and Reese hurt his ankle in Martin's notoriously physical practice this week. Chievous? Edwards? Moore? If you take McBee out, who do you even have to play in his stead?

Kenny Hall kept this from being a 20+ point halftime margin. Pastner is a horrible coach but his team has more talent at every single position on the floor and up and down the bench, and frankly they look like they know defense better than us too. Cuonzo . . . find something. You're causing me some serious doubt.

Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 03:01:41 EST »

I have no idea what we are trying accomplish on offense other than trying to play deep into the clock.

It is really disappointing that we can't shoot at all. Maymon would help but he can't shoot for everyone, Mcbee can't make anything, Mcrae might make 1 or even 2 if he is really hot...  

Do we have any guards that are coming in? Any guys that can shoot?
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2013, 03:12:52 EST »

Do we have any guards that are coming in? Any guys that can shoot?

A five star 2-guard, Robert Hubbs, is committed. I don't know that shooting is his game though. He's more of a rangy athletic type. He's a great pickup for his skills with the ball but I hope like hell we get lucky and he can shoot.

Neither of the other two commits is a shooter. As far as I can see nobody we are going to bring in is fixing this offense with his shooting skills. The staff has to start teaching offense.

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2013, 03:24:53 EST »

This game is over. fizzleing pathetic.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2013, 03:25:40 EST »

So, no need to turn it back from Johnny Football?

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2013, 03:26:28 EST »

So, no need to turn it back from Johnny Football?

Nope. My TV is staying on the Cotton Bowl now.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2013, 03:41:32 EST »

Don't look now, 6 point game, 6:30 left

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

101stDad
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2013, 04:08:17 EST »

Been at the Halls-Powell basketball game (Panthers won the first 2013 basketball version Battle of Emory Road, by the way).  Turned on the UT/Memphis game with about 9 minutes to go. 

The first two things I noticed:

1.  The orange uniforms with orange lettering and numbers are hideous.  You can't even read the names or numbers. 

2.  Josh Pastner probably saves a lot of money on razors and shave cream.  He looks like he is about 14 years old and can't need to shave yet. 

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2013, 04:51:33 EST »

Vols started very slowly but finished strong.  Unfortunately it was too late.  McRae had a great night offensively once he got going.  Maybe that's the spark we need.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2013, 05:41:42 EST »

Ut does not have a point guard.  We have a 2-guard that cannot shot playing point.

Motion offense can work only if you have people who pass the ball to the cutters and the cutters actually know how to put a ball through the hoop.

Losing Maymon was a serious blow to this team because he is the only player that understood you have to score points to win.

Sylar needs to shave and remember how to shoot the ball.  The point is to get it through the hoop, not to try to bend the rim.  He is a much better defender now, but he forgot how to score.

Coach Martin, do you not know how to coach offense or are your players not capable of remembering the playbook?  Defense is fine and helps you win, but the object is still to score more points than your opponent. I still do not have any grasp on the offense your are allegedly attempting to teach.

How is it when a player gets to UT they suddenly forget how to score or shoot the ball? 
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2013, 05:47:02 EST »

Ut does not have a point guard.  We have a 2-guard that cannot shot playing point.

Motion offense can work only if you have people who pass the ball to the cutters and the cutters actually know how to put a ball through the hoop.

Losing Maymon was a serious blow to this team because he is the only player that understood you have to score points to win.

Sylar needs to shave and remember how to shoot the ball.  The point is to get it through the hoop, not to try to bend the rim.  He is a much better defender now, but he forgot how to score.

Coach Martin, do you not know how to coach offense or are your players not capable of remembering the playbook?  Defense is fine and helps you win, but the object is still to score more points than your opponent. I still do not have any grasp on the offense your are allegedly attempting to teach.

How is it when a player gets to UT they suddenly forget how to score or shoot the ball? 

In a season or two Hart very well could have to start looking for a new Tennessee Men's basketball Coach

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: