VTTW Board Index
May 23, 2024, 10:07:32 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey Bandit, are you ready to admit it?  (Read 3600 times)
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: January 08, 2013, 06:51:50 EST »

I just couldn't help it...     We'd all love for Saban's star to be fading, but sorry dude...

http://volstothewall.com/board/index.php?topic=23954.0

"Why is this? Alabama should send Saban on his way because simple college football history in modern times says this is the last national title he’ll win for them. It’s not that Saban lacks the talent to win more than two for the Tide, but when we look at the “hottest coaches in college football” going back to the 1980s, it’s when they reach the top as Saban clearly has that their star begins to dim. Inexplicable losses start to reveal themselves, top-of-the-heap recruits don’t pan out, and then in some instances, team success breeds jealousy among rivals on the way to revelations of impropriety on teams of the agent/booster variety."
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 06:59:38 EST »

Vindicated! I feel vindicated!! 
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 07:36:58 EST »

The reports of Nick Satan's demise were very premature

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 08:52:34 EST »

Bandit was trying to jinx the bammers, put the hex on em, take away their mojo! Can't fault him for trying.
Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 09:12:25 EST »

I hate it because I never really want to see Alabama win a national championship (though I was rooting for them last night against the Golden Domers) but the bammers are going to continue to dominate the college football landscape as long as Nick Saban is around. As much as I enjoy watching his style of football, I hope he retires soon . . . for our sake, if nothing else. He's the best coach in the game today, without a doubt, and if he sticks around much longer he'll take the place of coaches like Bear Bryant and General Neyland before all is said and done. (I know most folks outside Tennessee don't mention The General in the same breath with The Bear when they're talking about great coaches, but in my admittedly biased opinion, Neyland is the greatest coach the game has ever known. He revolutionized the game of college football in many, many aspects.)
Ridge Runner
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 09:50:54 EST »

That whole thread was full of fail.   
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2013, 03:34:21 EST »

Timing was of that thread was poor.  Maybe NOW is when they should fire Saban.   
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2013, 08:28:06 EST »

Admit what?  Be specific.

To be clear, the quote in italics above was from the article I linked.  If you bother to read down, I did say Saban would "almost certainly not win another this year or next".  I was wrong. 

I am not happy that I was wrong, and frankly anyone who is happy that Saban won last night just needs to go ahead and wear crimson.

And finally, if I was a bammer fan, I wouldn't get too giddy.  Pete Carroll looked good too, but you know how many national championships he has?  Zero.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2013, 11:40:39 EST »

Admit what?  Be specific.

To be clear, the quote in italics above was from the article I linked.  If you bother to read down, I did say Saban would "almost certainly not win another this year or next".  I was wrong.

You knew what I meant.  I'll take it.   
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2013, 04:38:33 EST »

I respectfully to Bandit have no comment to make

Come on Bandit, I'm just joking, hey I once posted that I thought Dubose would make someone a good head coach! I just really meant a good head coach at somewhere other than Bama!...  

BG
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 04:41:51 EST by BGHarper » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: