VTTW Board Index
May 07, 2024, 10:00:00 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If CCS doesn't come to UT,Hart needs to go ahead and call Petrino  (Read 8149 times)
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: December 06, 2012, 01:36:52 EST »

UT doesn't need the Circus to go on any longer than it has to,BP WOULD take the UT job!

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
101stDad
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 01:38:15 EST »

I've been dead set against Petrino, but we can't afford to be turned down again.

Maybe its time to hold our noses and hire Petrino for about a million five per year.  He'd take that in a heartbeat. 
Hollerboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 01:39:41 EST »

Ready now to suck it up too. Call Bobby.

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 01:40:06 EST »

I've been dead set against Petrino, but we can't afford to be turned down again.

Maybe its time to hold our noses and hire Petrino for about a million five per year.  He'd take that in a heartbeat. 

He would have Tennessee to at least 8-4 in a couple of seasons

101stDad
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 01:46:13 EST »

He would have Tennessee to at least 8-4 in a couple of seasons

And right now and Outback/Peach type bowl would be great. 
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 01:49:31 EST »

And right now and Outback/Peach type bowl would be great. 

I'm starting to think Tennessee fans may have to do like Iowa fans. Tennessee fans might have to just be happy with a winning record and a Bowl game(ANY BOWL GAME)

101stDad
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2012, 01:51:25 EST »

I'm starting to think Tennessee fans may have to do like Iowa fans. Tennessee fans might have to just be happy with a winning record and a Bowl game(ANY BOWL GAME)

That's where we are going to have to start.  We aren't going to go from where we are now to an 11-1/10-2 or even a 9-3 type program.  It's going to take some time. 
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2012, 01:53:43 EST »

Call Fedora and offer him 3.5 for 5 years. I truly believe we could do a lot worse. And probably will.
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2012, 01:55:13 EST »

Call Fedora and offer him 3.5 for 5 years. I truly believe we could do a lot worse. And probably will.

It'll probably be Fedora or Kingsbury. I hope to GOD it isn't Kirby Smart

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2012, 02:06:01 EST »

UT doesn't need the Circus to go on any longer than it has to,BP WOULD take the UT job!

Disagree.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2012, 03:52:33 EST »

I consider him a fallback option, but we could in fact do far worse.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2012, 03:53:27 EST »

Disagree.

Yeah, I'm not that worried about the timeline or even what the national perception of us is, provided we get the right coach.  In another week or two the timeline will really start to matter though. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2012, 04:18:10 EST »

Yeah, I'm not that worried about the timeline or even what the national perception of us is, provided we get the right circumstancecoach.  In another week or two the timeline will really start to matter though. 

In no circumstance should we approach Petrino.  Dude has lied literally everywhere he's been.  I can't believe many are endorsing him.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2012, 06:46:33 EST »

In no circumstance should we approach Petrino.  Dude has lied literally everywhere he's been.  I can't believe many are endorsing him.

Agree.  But I don't think he will ever be an option at Tennessee.

Jethro
Heisman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2012, 01:57:55 EST »

Petrino just flat out quit on the Falcons and left his players a note on their lockers telling them.  Do. Not. Want.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2012, 02:25:18 EST »

You've got to look at the totality of Petrino's work.

1) Everyone agrees he wins BIG. Remove the personal stuff and we're probably pretty much in agreement no one is a bigger homerun hire. For crying out loud Arkansas finished #5 in the country last year.

2) Everyone agrees he would be super cheap.

3) You can't bring up the Falcons incident without noting a more recent one. Namely that he would have just finished year five at Arkansas were it not for the motorcycle/woman/whatever deal. That might be the profile of a reprobate, but it's no the one of a job hopper. How many of you reading this have as many or more job changes than Petrino in the last five years? I do. He's got one, and in that case he was relieved of his duties (admittedly for cause).

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Jethro
Heisman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2012, 02:29:32 EST »

You've got to look at the totality of Petrino's work.

1) Everyone agrees he wins BIG. Remove the personal stuff and we're probably pretty much in agreement no one is a bigger homerun hire. For crying out loud Arkansas finished #5 in the country last year.

2) Everyone agrees he would be super cheap.

3) You can't bring up the Falcons incident without noting a more recent one. Namely that he would have just finished year five at Arkansas were it not for the motorcycle/woman/whatever deal. That might be the profile of a reprobate, but it's no the one of a job hopper. How many of you reading this have as many or more job changes than Petrino in the last five years? I do. He's got one, and in that case he was relieved of his duties (admittedly for cause).

He's super cheap because he is a POS.  He ends up being despised by everyone at each of his former jobs.  Hiring Petrino would be OK for a few years and then his poor character would come through and he would do something stupid.  It's always something new so the mind boggles at what he could pull off at UT.  DUI maybe?  But something indicative of sorry character.  It always shines through.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2012, 02:43:40 EST »

He's super cheap because he is a POS. 

This.  Did we not learn from Kiffin?  Not just no, but HAYELL NO!   

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2012, 02:57:25 EST »

In the previous five years he had an affair and then hired his fling. That's immoral, but I'm not disqualifying him as a football coach for that.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2012, 03:02:39 EST »

In the previous five years he had an affair and then hired his fling. That's immoral, but I'm not disqualifying him as a football coach for that.

The hiring may have violated federal law, or at least definitely opened Arkansas to serious liability in civil court.

After the Kiffin debacle, I don't want any of Petrino.

Let me be honest though...I'd take him over a re-hire of Dooley.   

But also seriously....just keep Chaney if it's down to him and Petrino.  IMO he at least knows the Xs and Os.  But that would be a desperation ploy, which I don't think we will get to.

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2012, 03:11:38 EST »

Yep, I'll take Chaney over any Plan B. Pay him $1.5 million, hire top notch guys on D and see what happens. Hugh Freeze and Dan Mullen are interesting, but I'm not sure they're better than Chaney. As a point of comparison I definitely don't think any Plan Bs are better than Freeze or Mullen.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2012, 03:15:57 EST »

Yep, I'll take Chaney over any Plan B. Pay him $1.5 million, hire top notch guys on D and see what happens. Hugh Freeze and Dan Mullen are interesting, but I'm not sure they're better than Chaney. As a point of comparison I definitely don't think any Plan Bs are better than Freeze or Mullen.

I don't think Mullen would be a terrible hire, though many dislike him.  NCAA is sniffing around MSU, and there are questions about his recruiting ability.  I think Fedora might be better, but WDIK.

Cobbvol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2012, 03:17:21 EST »

The dead period starts Dec 17 with recruiting, so with that we have "some" time. However, our Asst Coaches are being pursued and if you were in their shoes you would also be looking very hard for employment as well. A few of them leaving might be the next fun and games we have to endure until a HC is hired.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 03:23:37 EST by Cobbvol » Logged
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2012, 03:20:03 EST »

Personally I think the best available that we can realistically hire is Butch Jones. 

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
NC Enginerd
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2012, 03:24:48 EST »

Plus, there's apparently more skeletons in the closet that came up in the Auburn background check about him. 

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected." - G.K. Chesterton ILN, 4/19/24
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: