VTTW Board Index
May 19, 2024, 10:28:06 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Everyone's fave Clay Travis compares Fulmer to Snyder  (Read 2750 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: December 06, 2012, 07:18:38 EST »

http://outkickthecoverage.com/phil-fulmer-goes-back-to-the-future-at-tennessee.php

What I didn't realize is that Snyder's last four years at KSU were worse than Fulmer's last four at UT.  And of course, Fulmer is far younger than Snyder.

Again, I am not advocating for Fulmer, but there is definitely a point where he is the best option, regardless of what occurred before.

101st has a good point that it will make us look really foolish if we just finished paying him $6 M and then re-hire him. 

So maybe he is an option after the NEXT coach.   

Really just posted for informational purposes though.  Thought it was an interesting comparison. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 07:22:18 EST »

Snyder wasn't fired. Fulmer was. That's the only comparison one needs to make.

I'm not ruling it out, because I know some of the boosters with some pull want him back. But I do think it would be stupid.
101stDad
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 07:23:49 EST »

Big difference: Snyder wasn't fired after his first tenure at K-State.  He retired, and he was still in good graces with the University, so much in fact that they named the stadium after him.  He wasn't a divisive issue among the fan base as Fulmer was and still is.  
Jethro
Heisman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 07:30:29 EST »

Big difference: Snyder wasn't fired after his first tenure at K-State.  He retired, and he was still in good graces with the University, so much in fact that they named the stadium after him.  He wasn't a divisive issue among the fan base as Fulmer was and still is.  

Hiring Fulmer again, even though he is a Vol through and through, would be like giving up.
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 07:38:00 EST »

Jethro, it would be giving up.  Fulmer was and is nothing without Cutcliffe, who was the real UT head coach.  Phil was the front man.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 07:54:20 EST »

Jethro, it would be giving up.  Fulmer was and is nothing without Cutcliffe, who was the real UT head coach.  Phil was the front man.

I wouldn't go that far, not at all.  Cut was the best we were offensively under Fulmer, by a mile, and definitely contributed to the overall team discipline, but Chavis did his part also.

Fulmer was not a bad coach, and even toward the end was not as bad as some.  IMO.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2012, 08:39:35 EST »

Fulmer was a great head coach. Great. That having been said to my knowledge he never understood how things went south at the end of his first tenure. Without that understanding I don't think it would be wise to have him return.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: