VTTW Board Index
May 17, 2024, 01:49:08 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: According to Brent, Bray will be "out for a while"  (Read 3705 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 09, 2011, 06:09:15 EDT »

I have seen reports defining a while as 5 weeks.  If accurate, that would be the candy game.

Simms is the starter and I'm comfortable with that.  The question is, who is the B/U.  Given Nash hasn't made much of an impact, do we abondon the RS plan and push Worley into the B/U role?  If so, then he needs reps in the next two games to get his feet wet.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 06:12:00 EDT »

I have seen reports defining a while as 5 weeks.  If accurate, that would be the candy game.

Simms is the starter and I'm comfortable with that.  The question is, who is the B/U.  Given Nash hasn't made much of an impact, do we abondon the RS plan and push Worley into the B/U role?  If so, then he needs reps in the next two games to get his feet wet.

If Bray can't play most or all of the rest of the season,I see Tennessee going 5-7. I think Tennessee can beat Kentucky without Bray but Vanderbilt(really improved under their new Coach) has to be licking their lips.

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 06:39:50 EDT »

If Bray can't play most or all of the rest of the season,I see Tennessee going 5-7. I think Tennessee can beat Kentucky without Bray but Vanderbilt(really improved under their new Coach) has to be licking their lips.

Without some semblance of a running game, Vandy will be tough. Winnable, but tough. UK and MTSU should be givens. Those two teams are terrible, especially Kentucky.

I no longer hold out any hope for being South Carolina or Arkansas. I probably would have said that even if Bray were healthy. Without him...forget it.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 09:07:10 EDT »

We have to get to a bowl. Do whatever it takes to achieve that. I'm good with Simms going against LSU, Bama and Arkansas since we're not going to win those, but I'm not sure he can beat anyone. His decision-making process is sloooow.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 09:09:04 EDT by murfvol » Logged

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 09:46:10 EDT »

Well, we're screwed.

I know Simms was a starter at one point, but Simms is not a threat downfield.  He's a game-manager.  With no running game, we basically have no offense now.  We don't have a defense good enough to lean on. 

I'm afraid it's going to be a long, long season.   
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 12:51:03 EDT »

I had hopes for Arkansas and USCe with Bray.  Without him?  Very tough.

But with him for most of the game,  we played uga  pretty close.  Let's remember they hammered us 41-14 last year. 

I actually agree now with Vince Dooley, that uga has the best shot at the East.  This is because their West schedule is pathetically weak.  They play the Mississippi schools and Auburn...in other words, the bottom half of the West, and they have a great shot at beating Florida.  In fact, unless Brantley is back, they will.  Who else will beat Uga?  Vandy?  Unlikely.

Speaking of which, those of you that think Vandy will beat us are not paying attention.  They may have started strong out of the gate but the last two games are classic Vandy.  Their defense is good.  Really?  They just gave up 34 points.   I know that Florida has some challenges on D this year but does anyone really think that Vandy's D is better that Floridas?   I say we beat em with or without Bray. 

6-6 may be our fate, but we might go 7-5 with a few breaks.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Ridge Runner
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2011, 01:44:36 EDT »

I had hopes for Arkansas and USCe with Bray.  Without him?  Very tough.

But with him for most of the game,  we played uga  pretty close.  Let's remember they hammered us 41-14 last year. 

I actually agree now with Vince Dooley, that uga has the best shot at the East.  This is because their West schedule is pathetically weak.  They play the Mississippi schools and Auburn...in other words, the bottom half of the West, and they have a great shot at beating Florida.  In fact, unless Brantley is back, they will.  Who else will beat Uga?  Vandy?  Unlikely.

Speaking of which, those of you that think Vandy will beat us are not paying attention.  They may have started strong out of the gate but the last two games are classic Vandy.  Their defense is good.  Really?  They just gave up 34 points.   I know that Florida has some challenges on D this year but does anyone really think that Vandy's D is better that Floridas?   I say we beat em with or without Bray. 

6-6 may be our fate, but we might go 7-5 with a few breaks.

Well, that 34 points they gave up were to Bama. I doubt we score 34 on 'em
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2011, 02:41:51 EDT »

Missed seeing you yesterday, but we know you are taking care
of Carla right now.

When I saw Bray's thumb, I texted E I thought it was broken. I've had a broken thumb and I cut the cast off after 3-4 weeks; of course my range-of-motion is screwed, but I.  did't have the training staff and the bone growth stimulation stuff available now.  I'd say 4-5 weeks is realistic.

G.     

« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 03:05:11 EDT by GreggO » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: