VTTW Board Index
May 17, 2024, 12:34:36 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Butch: "Brick by brick wasn't just a fancy slogan"  (Read 4371 times)
Creek Walker
« on: September 22, 2013, 04:14:27 EDT »

Post-game presser: "It's our mentality, it's learning how to play good football, it's learning how to take care of our bodies, it's understanding the price for success with film study, it's team chemistry, it's toughness, it's getting in on your own and getting the extra workouts in the weight room. We're building a culture. And I'm starting to see that culture. And hopefully our fans can see a little of it. Yeah, I'm disappointed, I'm angry we lost. But I can also see small steps. And as the head football coach, I gotta look towards that as well."

He kinda got me fired up again, in a strange sort of way. He was fired up, too. Talked about his team refusing to quit and scratching and clawing until the end, and said he would love to get back and practice today.
Cobbvol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 04:33:52 EDT »

Correct. The November stretch will be the mark for this team. Getting better and finding a QB between now and then is task at hand.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 04:38:12 EDT »

I'm not questioning the plan at all.  It's just a plan that is going to take 3 full recruiting classes to see results.  Our talent level had fallen that low when he came in. 

We are trying to play an SEC schedule with Sun Belt level talent right now.  One only has to look no further than the QBs on our roster to see that. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 04:44:00 EDT »

The team fought to get back into it in the 4th quarter. I'll take that as one of very few positives in the game, as that's something that didn't happen much with Dooley.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 04:46:14 EDT »

The team fought to get back into it in the 4th quarter. I'll take that as one of very few positives in the game, as that's something that didn't happen much with Dooley.

Absolutely agree, CO.  A Dooley team would have folded at halftime. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2013, 09:32:29 EDT »

agree with all posts, Butch needs to recruit - and he is doing that. The 2014 class is full of talent, and the 2015 class is off to a great start, got a big time WR yesterday too.  Vols are coming...we will have to be patient.

Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2013, 09:55:16 EDT »

I am glad they didn't quit. That is progress. The past 3 years have gotten to me though, I quit watching after 24-10.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2013, 10:53:47 EDT »

Absolutely agree, CO.  A Dooley team would have folded at halftime. 
that is a big 10-4, saved me from typing it
Exactly my thoughts yesterday afternoon in the swamp

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Creek Walker
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2013, 11:35:18 EDT »

One thing that gives me hope about the fight we saw in the 4th quarter yesterday: As bad as the last 2 years were, we could've made a bowl game each year but the team just gave up and quit. If yesterday is indication of the progress that Butch has made in regards of "want-to," this team won't quit in late November this year.
CornFromAJar
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2013, 11:38:05 EDT »

that is a big 10-4, saved me from typing it
Exactly my thoughts yesterday afternoon in the swamp
Big 10-4 here, too. I told Dad, "Well, they didn't fold, that's progress."
Sure, I would've loved the win, but if it takes baby steps now to build a foundation... well, "Brick by brick."
I think I heard Gary Danielson refer to this in a roundabout way.
Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2013, 08:16:20 EDT »

Yes, Gary Danielson did in fact say that there is no quit in this Tennessee team and that teams they play down teh road will see that. That in itself was a recruiting pitch for Tennessee for any Tennessee prospects that were watching.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: