VTTW Board Index
May 04, 2024, 01:56:00 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Meanwhile, in Auburn...  (Read 6298 times)
Quasi EVol
« on: April 04, 2013, 05:11:30 EDT »

http://www.roopstigo.com/reader/auburns_vainted_title_victims_violations_and_vendettas_for_glory/
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 11:28:37 EDT »

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 12:06:50 EDT »

You realize that the writer of the rent story now works for KNS?

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 03:16:38 EDT »

Oh yeah. This is the same hack that continued to publicly accuse and find guilty the Duke lax players, even after they were proven innocent. She does not let facts and truths get in the way of the story she wants to push.  But let's not let her past failures affect the juiciness of this story.  Again, no facts to back this up, just like there were no facts behind the Cam Newton by off.  But that didn't deter people from calling Auburn cheaters. Again, why let facts get in the way?

Bammer suxes! That is all!
Quasi EVol
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 04:19:07 EDT »

Oh yeah. This is the same hack that continued to publicly accuse and find guilty the Duke lax players, even after they were proven innocent. She does not let facts and truths get in the way of the story she wants to push.  But let's not let her past failures affect the juiciness of this story.  Again, no facts to back this up, just like there were no facts behind the Cam Newton by off.  But that didn't deter people from calling Auburn cheaters. Again, why let facts get in the way?

I don't have a dog in the fight, but I wouldn't use the Gator laptop thief and his pimp-wannabe dad as an example of compliance.
Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 04:23:05 EDT »

I don't have a dog in the fight, but I wouldn't use the Gator laptop thief and his pimp-wannabe dad as an example of compliance.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 05:09:03 EDT »

It's Auburn....which means the NCAA will get so pi$$ed that they'll give UT 2 more years of probation and increase Bama's scholly limits from 85 to 110.
MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2013, 05:14:06 EDT »

Why not? What did we do wrong?  Get a QB that has an #badword# of a Dad?  Oh nos...we must be the only team in the world that has even done that.

Bammer suxes! That is all!
VOLveeta
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2013, 05:45:51 EDT »

I won't defend Auburn in any way shape or form.  But this "journalist" doesn't write like a journalist, all I get from this piece, regarding its intent, is DAMAGE DAMAGE DAMAGE.  She is out to do as much harm as possible, period.  The crimes are bad and Auburn is clearly in deep doo doo, but Id'a gained a lot more from a piece of journalism that wasn't dripping with a very blatant transparent agenda.

yer pal™,
VOLveeta
Quasi EVol
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2013, 05:49:29 EDT »

Why not? What did we do wrong?  Get a QB that has an #badword# of a Dad?  Oh nos...we must be the only team in the world that has even done that.

Ouch!   I hope it turns out to be smoke & mirrors instead of smoke & fire (unlike your tree-killing rivals).  It'll only take about two years to find out.
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2013, 09:13:23 EDT »

Ouch!   I hope it turns out to be smoke & mirrors instead of smoke & fire (unlike your tree-killing rivals).  It'll only take about two years to find out.

Been a busy morning. I just snuffed out two old white oaks and a huge hickory in the past hour.

BG
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2013, 10:19:25 EDT »

I'm invoking Yogi on this one--it ain't over till it's over.  Several of the players are already disputing her "accuracy".  I will have to say, however, that I would love to see the gator meltdown if anything was proven on Muschamp.  Beyond that, I got no quarrel with them there Auburns, so I hope this is just "journalism" gone wild.

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2013, 11:20:04 EDT »

Yes, her Duke reporting was ludicrous, and her constant "out to get ya  for a story" motivation is well documented. However, what is interesting is Salena Roberts is an...Auburn grad. Rumor has it for some strange reason her season tickets will now be chronically lost in the mail. Oh well, maybe she can now get a pair in T-town.

BG

CrossVol
Starter

Peyton in 2012!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2013, 02:48:06 EDT »

Auburn can't help it.  They are in alabama.

Wherever you go, there you are.
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2013, 05:07:12 EDT »

Auburn can't help it.  They are in alabama.

The funniest thing I've seen is a friend of mine that is an avid Bama fan -- making fun of Auburn -- like, I don't think I'd be going there if I was a Bama fan considering their history!  Whoop!!

BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2013, 07:12:18 EDT »

The funniest thing I've seen is a friend of mine that is an avid Bama fan -- making fun of Auburn -- like, I don't think I'd be going there if I was a Bama fan considering their history!  Whoop!!

You're friend sounds like a really good guy. I bet I would like him, but he doesn't have to laugh at the off the field problems at AU, because he's got plenty to laugh about just on their on the field problems. My sister,  brother n law and nephew are big Tiger fans, with two of them being AU grads. We're a very close family, but Thanksgiving time (UA-AU game) one way or another, is always interesting.  

The saving grace is her daughter and son n law are both big Bama fans and grads. Both were with me at that first tailgate we had in Knoxville with you guys in 2002. You used to have some great pics of everyone (they are both in it) together at that tailgate

BG

« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 07:21:15 EDT by BGHarper » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: