VTTW Board Index
May 22, 2024, 05:47:55 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: But wait- if this passes...  (Read 2362 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: August 17, 2018, 06:23:18 EDT »

...there might be (shudders, clutches pearls) DRUNK people at UT sporting events. Can you even imagine?

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/tennessee-football/task-force-recommends-approval-of-the-sale-of-alcohol-at-tennessee-sporting-events/

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 06:40:19 EDT »

well...having had the misfortune to sit in front of really bad drunks multiple times in my Vol-viewing career, I was actually happy that they cracked down on people smuggling alcohol into the stadium.  OJ and I have few stories about the drunks, and in 2014 I brought a bammer friend to the game and he was actually threatened by some idjuts sitting behind us, who, among other things slapped an elderly woman to my left with a shaker.  The biggest and stupidest of them kept putting his knee in my back, deliberately, then making a big show of apologizing for it that was completely insincere.   The elderly husband to my left asked them to please quit cussing out of respect for his 72 year old wife and they refused.  I finally told the drunk immediately behind me that if his knee was in my back one more time we were going to have a problem.   The elderly gentlemen to my left finally went for the cops, and I went to second the motion.  About 8 of KPDs finest came up to the stands, and....I'll never forget this...one of them said "hey you knuckleheads, you have to leave!  You're going to jail."  And they did, and it was wonderful.  Also right before the Vandy game last year they arrested the guy in front of me who could barely stand, and I was all for that.  And as I said, sitting with OJ over the years, we have had some obnoxious drunks that complain about everything, say stupid shizzle at the top of their lungs, etc.  we have confronted a few of them also.   

Drunks tend to be obnoxious #badword#s and get in a lot of fights, so I am completely, 100% on board with the KPD/Security/UTPD policy of zero tolerance for public drunkeness at ball games, where said drunkenness leads to uncivil and even violent behavior.  

But yeah...selling alcohol at the game would seem to encourage that behavior.    So be it, so long as they keep the #badword# in jail where they belong.  
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 06:42:32 EDT by BanditVol » Logged

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2018, 09:07:26 EDT »

well...having had the misfortune to sit in front of really bad drunks multiple times in my Vol-viewing career, I was actually happy that they cracked down on people smuggling alcohol into the stadium.  OJ and I have few stories about the drunks, and in 2014 I brought a bammer friend to the game and he was actually threatened by some idjuts sitting behind us, who, among other things slapped an elderly woman to my left with a shaker.  The biggest and stupidest of them kept putting his knee in my back, deliberately, then making a big show of apologizing for it that was completely insincere.   The elderly husband to my left asked them to please quit cussing out of respect for his 72 year old wife and they refused.  I finally told the drunk immediately behind me that if his knee was in my back one more time we were going to have a problem.   The elderly gentlemen to my left finally went for the cops, and I went to second the motion.  About 8 of KPDs finest came up to the stands, and....I'll never forget this...one of them said "hey you knuckleheads, you have to leave!  You're going to jail."  And they did, and it was wonderful.  Also right before the Vandy game last year they arrested the guy in front of me who could barely stand, and I was all for that.  And as I said, sitting with OJ over the years, we have had some obnoxious drunks that complain about everything, say stupid shizzle at the top of their lungs, etc.  we have confronted a few of them also.   

Drunks tend to be obnoxious #badword#s and get in a lot of fights, so I am completely, 100% on board with the KPD/Security/UTPD policy of zero tolerance for public drunkeness at ball games, where said drunkenness leads to uncivil and even violent behavior.  

But yeah...selling alcohol at the game would seem to encourage that behavior.    So be it, so long as they keep the #badword# in jail where they belong.  

Dear. God. In. Heaven.

I agree 100%.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2018, 09:21:39 EDT »

I read a article a few months ago that 2 major P5 schools started allowing sales in their stadiums last season and their alcohol related issues went down.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2018, 10:30:16 EDT »

This story is a total fabrication that you just made up. They didn't sell alcohol in Neyland before now, hence there were no drunk people there before now. Case closed.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2018, 10:50:58 EDT »

This story is a total fabrication that you just made up. They didn't sell alcohol in Neyland before now, hence there were no drunk people there before now. Case closed.
Yep, back when I was in the Pride - when we went out to Neyland on Tuesday the west stands had piles of flasks (some nice ones never made it to the dumpster ... ) stacked up and the east stands had piles of empty miniatures 

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2018, 01:17:57 EDT »

I don't know if selling alcohol will affect the drunk problem, but I'm fairly certain revenue will fund buyouts.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2018, 06:03:41 EDT »

IMO beer and wine will be catered to all the VIP seats only. I doubt sales to the little folk will happen to establish a demand for expensive seats.

There is alcohol in the stadium now. IMO there will be no more drunks in the stands than now exists.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2018, 12:24:45 EDT »

Dear. God. In. Heaven.

I agree 100%.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: