VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 01:41:00 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Reports are indicating that Mack Brown will be forced out at Texas  (Read 2324 times)
BigOrange Maniac
« on: December 04, 2011, 07:44:17 EST »

I'm not sure whether Texas would make a pitch at Muschamp, but if they did that would be interesting. Or could it be that Chris Petersen backed away from the UCLA speculation because he saw something unfolding behind the scenes at Texas? I would have to think that a call from Austin would get Petersen's attention even if he is perfectly content in Boise.
volmeister
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 08:33:42 EST »

I'm not sure whether Texas would make a pitch at Muschamp, but if they did that would be interesting. Or could it be that Chris Petersen backed away from the UCLA speculation because he saw something unfolding behind the scenes at Texas? I would have to think that a call from Austin would get Petersen's attention even if he is perfectly content in Boise.

Rumor is, they will go hard after Saban.  They can afford him that's for sure.
Oldvol75
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 08:57:32 EST »

My Christmas wish is that Saban goes to TEXAS!!!!!! I want to see the melt down here in Bama!!! Police would be at every bridge. 

God “The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the external rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained.” from George Washington’s first Inaugural address.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 10:43:40 EST »

My Christmas wish is that Saban goes to TEXAS!!!!!! I want to see the melt down here in Bama!!! Police would be at every bridge. 

lol!  No doubt. 

No way do they go after Muschamp.  I think they are probably breathing a sigh of relief he's not still the coach in waiting.  And I would imagine the buyout would be huge, as he is only in the second year of his contract.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 11:12:01 EST »

Rumor is, they will go hard after Saban.  They can afford him that's for sure.

It would seem as though it would be an awfully enticing option for Saban...

A recruiting hotbed, a school with bottomless pockets, and a much easier schedule than he faces in the SEC.

I read 10 years/10 million per... 

I guess if it is true and they are coming for him, a lot will depend on how the BCS unfolds this evening.

Bammers would lose their minds. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: