VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 07:12:51 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Opinions on who would be a great, not good  (Read 2303 times)
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: December 08, 2016, 07:14:57 EST »

OL coach?  Thoughts?
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 08:17:19 EST »

Sam Pittman. Too bad Butch burned that bridge. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 09:26:33 EST »

Fulmer!   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2016, 09:28:06 EST »

Having said that, hire him as a consultant like Sarkasian is at bammer.  And while we are at it, pay Peyton to be a "film expert" for the QB position.  Peyton doesn't need the money obviously, but might welcome the chance to watch film and assist his alma mater.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2016, 12:05:18 EST »

That would probably be a great hire (Fulmer) he sure had some beast when he coached!
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2016, 12:32:51 EST »

I'm old school when it comes to coaching and I'm sure Fulmer is too....Meaning I doubt he knows a lot about this zone...stand straight up....don't put your hand on the ground blocking scheme they use now days.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2016, 02:48:28 EST »

I'm old school when it comes to coaching and I'm sure Fulmer is too....Meaning I doubt he knows a lot about this zone...stand straight up....don't put your hand on the ground blocking scheme they use now days.

Apparently our current coaches don't know a whole lot about it, either. 

Just saying.......................

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2016, 05:42:07 EST »

I was joking about Fulmer being a coach (but not joking about him being a film consultant).  Although, I do think he is a great OL coach.  Of course, it would be a disaster for him to serve under Jones.  That would be like Patton going back to be a Captain under Westmoreland or something.

Anyway, it might be fun to imagine an exchange between the two following a bad game.

Jones:  I need you to influence these young men in a positive way to be leaders on the field and in life, and to influentially develop their blocking technique in order to achieve the kind of success we require from our student athletes  One brick at a time.

Fulmer:  Well I've coached a lot of football, and I am not sure any amount of blocking helps when you call a 3-yard pass on 4th and 14.

Jones:  Let me explain to you that that play is in the standard chart that every coach carries in his back pocket, as you should know.  It's called for by the analytics.  Our student athletes must positively reach for a greater effort in that case so as to achieve the goals we set for them.  But besides that, why did the center whiff on that really bad sack to set up the 4th and 14?  That's not a constructive brick, it's more like a igeneous piece of geodesic material that someone hurls with velocity through a pane of glazed sand.

Fulmer: I'm not sure, I'll have to watch the film.  But we've coached a lot of football around here.  

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: