VTTW Board Index
May 08, 2024, 09:35:56 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The narrator doesn't have a clue what OL Holding is - + some game Analysis  (Read 334 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 23, 2023, 05:28:31 EDT »

For sure there are several holds by bamer OL but at least 3 of these are not holding IMO (2 the OL had good technique IMO - sure they held but legally)
The one where Barron was held off the left side was blatant and in front of the ref, should have been called IMO (on their TD pass in the 1st drive of the 3rd quarter - but if the entire defense was on the same page (TMac and Walker were NOT) it wouldn't have mattered)

Also,, that really wasn't a personal foul of Burton *was last year when he struck the coed

The "hold" on GJ-L was a farse, especially how much they actually held and mugged our receivers, especially #34 and Squirrel
They took Squirrel out in the 2nd half mostly by mugging him, the few times that Heup called pass plays

I post this for illustrative purposes

IMO the HC/OC (make no mistake, Heup is calling the vast majority of plays, just watch him during games) is the primary culprit in the loss
Our inability to run (except for Joe) was a HUGE factor, bamer's 2nd level was the best we have played this year and they filled holes consistently - we were one dimensional
Having said that, Heup went away from what were were doing successfully in the 2nd half for some reason

BTW Phil, I was so high up sometimes I just watched an "all 22" view of the action, was especially interesting to watch receivers and DBs interact

Based on my observations, we only have one (1) wide receiver capable of running consistent routes to get open, Squirrel
Squirrel has a ways to go to utilize nuances in routes rather than just speed but he does get open, when not being mugged - I'd say he is ahead of where Hyatt was as a Soph
Squirrel ran 2-3 comeback routes against off coverage Sat that were very successful for 1st downs - really hadn't seen us do that much this year (Joe's timing was better on those throws as well)
Keyton has potential but is really inconsistent off the line
Nimrod/Webb have a ways to go to be consistently effective in the passing game

Both TEs can, and often get open

As an aside, Herring showed his growth this year Sat, played well, better than Beasley IMO
Carter had his worst game IMO, in limited snaps - he is a FR, it happens, not worried, good experience for him
Couple of observations on the secondary:
When we got to the 3rd man in there was a drop off
We are now down to three corners who can play (1, 0, 8) - depth at corner is GONE (is Burrell hurt? - haven't seen him the last 2 games)

We didn't sub at safety and their play noticeably dropped off as the game went on, we NEED to sub there to keep them fresher!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/aoOzCgztkjs&amp;t=444s" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/aoOzCgztkjs&amp;t=444s</a>

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2023, 06:59:37 EDT »

BTW, we ran a couple of combination routes (that we really haven't been running this year) Saturday that should be effective against the kitten secondary

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2023, 02:39:09 EDT »

Good writeup. Our run game has no imagination and if we can't over power people at the LOS we are in trouble. It really surprises me to be honest. Needed to throw more to the RBs out of the backfield as a extension of our non effective run game....We ran a pass to the RB in the flat very early and got a good gain then pretty much went far away from it...

I really like Squirrel and his play...He's one of the fastest on the team yet a Bama linebacker was stride for stride with him into the end zone. Lol

Heupel got bad...bad out coached the second half and lost it in play calling. We even had a player interviewed post game that stated they thought they had the game won at the half...That attitude playing Bama at Bama is 100 percent the coaches fault. If Heupel doesn't have a very very good QB and NFL talent WRs then his system is sunk and we are very average. He had the 3rd year slump at UCF and beginning to look like it now here in his 3rd year.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2023, 02:04:47 EDT by Tnphil » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: