VTTW Board Index
May 06, 2024, 02:15:14 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Okay, what is the final consensus here? Why was Dobbs not under center from day  (Read 2834 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: November 22, 2014, 06:29:01 EST »

one? I don't like it when our coach does not put the best team on the field he can each week. I find it hard to believe the staff didn't think he would be that good. I would be embarrassed to admit that. This season would have taken an entirely different path if he had played. Hell, we would be winning the East. This fact gives me doubts about Jones and his staff. Maybe I am just looking at things as a fan who wants success from this team and maybe that's not the way a coach looks at it. But it should be. He screwed this team out of a possible unbelievably good season. Wins against UGa and UF and who knows what we would have done at OU, this could have been the surprise team of the year. Or am I way off base?

volsboyinsodak
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 06:34:58 EST »

Hashed and rehashed.

Dead horse.

Etc.

That's my consensus anyway. 
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 06:36:10 EST »

This has been hashed to death on all UT boards the last few weeks and the conclusion pretty much is they wanted to redshirt Dobbs....and if Worley hadn't gotten hurt he'd probably would have and Worley would still be playing and we would be looking at another 5-7 season.

IMO.....Butch and company thought they could get to 6 wins with Worley and save Dobbs. Now we've played our hand with a very effective Dobbs and he has 2 more years. Does this effect the QB's we have coming in? If Dobbs had been redshirted the 2 QBs for next year would be on campus....but now they face the fact they might be riding the pine for the next 2 years.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 06:38:46 EST »

one? I don't like it when our coach does not put the best team on the field he can each week. I find it hard to believe the staff didn't think he would be that good. I would be embarrassed to admit that. This season would have taken an entirely different path if he had played. Hell, we would be winning the East. This fact gives me doubts about Jones and his staff. Maybe I am just looking at things as a fan who wants success from this team and maybe that's not the way a coach looks at it. But it should be. He screwed this team out of a possible unbelievably good season. Wins against UGa and UF and who knows what we would have done at OU, this could have been the surprise team of the year. Or am I way off base?
very, very simply - he flat sucked all spring and fall in practice.  How many freaking times must it be said.
BTW, he still has some issues executing the passing game but Jake is scheming around them for the most part

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2014, 06:40:11 EST »

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2014, 08:44:23 EST »

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2014, 08:46:46 EST »

exactly what an opposing fan threatened by Butch would say 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2014, 09:38:18 EST »

He couldn't throw the ball in a UPS tandem tractor trailer about half the time. According to all reports, he is still wildly inconsistent in practice.  But apparently he has a severe case of Iverson Syndrome:  practice, we talkin' practice, not a game, practice!  When the lights come on, apparently he has developed another gear.  Can't blame Butch for being skeptical.  Just glad he got a chance to perform in game situations and show how far he has progressed from last year and from "practice".  No way you can realistically put this on coaching.

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: