VTTW Board Index
May 05, 2024, 05:37:20 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mike Farrell's new update on Derrick Green  (Read 2429 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 18, 2012, 04:39:04 EDT »

sounds like we lead for him right now. Hope so. He is exactly what this team lacks right now.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 04:49:13 EDT »

sounds like we lead for him right now. Hope so. He is exactly what this team lacks right now.

Yeah, sounds like the outcome of the UF game had no bearing on his standing with us.  I think he sees that he can step in and immediately be THE MAN here.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 05:01:24 EDT »

Yeah, sounds like the outcome of the UF game had no bearing on his standing with us.  I think he sees that he can step in and immediately be THE MAN here.

Most recruits don't base their decision on the outcome of a game. The atmosphere was great, he got a lot of love, and he saw that he is needed. This is what he said...

"It's the depth chart," he said. "I want to go to a school that needs a big running back to play right away."
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 05:28:59 EDT »

Most recruits don't base their decision on the outcome of a game. The atmosphere was great, he got a lot of love, and he saw that he is needed. This is what he said...

"It's the depth chart," he said. "I want to go to a school that needs a big running back to play right away."

So cool, and so very true.  We really need to land this guy!

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 06:15:20 EDT »

Looking at the list of other suitors, I think we are in good shape.  Rivals lists Ole Miss, Auburn, Michigan, Oregon, and VaTech along with Tennessee.   I can't see him going to Ole Miss or Auburn.  Ole Miss is one of the weakest SEC teams and the mess at Auburn is second only to Arkansas in the SEC at this point.  I can't see him wanting to go to Michigan and playing second fiddle to Denard R either.  Oregon seems too far, so that leaves us and VaTech.  VaTech will be a tough rival, but I think Beamer is old and the program is in decline and they have plenty of backs already.

In short, just MO, but I like our odds!   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: