VTTW Board Index
May 10, 2024, 10:30:31 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Butch Jones more concerned about being right that winning the game  (Read 3109 times)
tngamecock
Walk-On

View Profile
« on: September 21, 2013, 11:15:28 EDT »

I have some ties to UT so pulling for you in this game.  It was evident after the first few series, especially the first quarter, that Peterman is not the guy and not remotely ready to play in the SEC.  You could argue that you need to leave him in and make mistakes so he can grow up and learn.  Well that's fine if it's near the end of the year and you're playing a meaningless game.  Bottom line, UF is not a good team and this is UT's chance to win at the Swamp.  Jones apparently doesn't want to appear to have made a bad decision starting the freshman, so he leaves him in almost the entire half.  He was killing the team (and the receivers sure weren't helping).  Even Worley's average play would have produced possibly a UT two score lead.  Instead, down by 10 at the half. Oh well. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 11:17:21 EDT »

Can't argue with much of it.  I thought he should have yanked him after the second turnover, but I could see a case for leaving him in.  Not after the int though.   

But let's back up a step...he should not have started at all.  Next game, fine, third series, fine, but don't start a guy for the first time on the road in the swamp.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 11:18:20 EDT »

Some people seriously need to STFU right about now. How 'bout you get us started.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 11:20:10 EDT »

Shut up Glades

11B4PJ3F7
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2013, 11:20:44 EDT »

Is that Glades?  LOL!  Go eff yourself Glades.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
tngamecock
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2013, 11:21:42 EDT »

Some people seriously need to STFU right about now. How 'bout you get us started.

Tough guy on a message board.  Get off the board if you don't want to read something.  It's not like someone is sitting in your living room with you.  I'll STFU as soon as you log off.  
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2013, 11:21:48 EDT »

Today should put and end to anyone questioning Butch on who the starting QB should be.    
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2013, 11:24:20 EDT »

Today should put and end to anyone questioning Butch on who the starting QB should be.    

No doubt.  I'm left with wondering what if Butch would've went against us all and started Worley.  *GROAN*
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2013, 11:26:46 EDT »

Tough guy on a message board.  Get off the board if you don't want to read something.  It's not like someone is sitting in your living room with you.  I'll STFU as soon as you log off.  
hahahaha! Pot, kettle.....

11B4PJ3F7
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: