VTTW Board Index
May 10, 2024, 02:45:46 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It's funny, coming into this game I expected a blowout...  (Read 1870 times)
Creek Walker
« on: September 22, 2013, 04:39:04 EDT »

My prediction to some buddies before the game was in the neighborhood of 4 or 5 touchdowns. Florida is not a good football team this year. I know the Gator fans are all excited about their "new" offense with Murphy in the game, but defenses that have some speed, know how to play assignment football, can set the edge and get containment are going to give them fits. Our defense is none of those things. I don't know how many games UF will win, but I don't see how they can hope to be a threat in the SEC East and I don't see them ranked by the end of the season.

Out of the Florida teams we've faced in the 9-year streak since the last win, this was by far the worst. Think about the gifts they gave us in the first half that we just simply botched. It is so maddening and at the same time disheartening. It's no wonder the fan base is over-reacting tonight. This team and its fans need something good to happen in the worst way. And if we got beat by this Florida team by 2 TDs, it's hard to imagine we're gonna get something good against Georgia, South Carolina or Alabama.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 04:48:18 EDT »

I think it's too early in the season to say who is good or not.  I jumped on Florida's bandwagon last year, remained impressed with them without really paying attention all season, and then discovered to my surprise that many if not most of their fans thought they got lucky a lot the second half of the season last year.   

This year, based on UF losing to Miami and UGa handling USC,  I was ready to award the east to uga, but then they struggled vs. N Texas at home today for the better part of the game.

Who knows how good Murphy will be...maybe not that great against better Ds running the ball, but Driskel seems to have turned into a turnover machine and Murphy may very well be a better fit with what UF is trying to do.  We will find out, I guess.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Cobbvol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 03:24:44 EDT »

Georgia was looking ahead to next week versus LSU and playing vanilla. NTX had 2 special team TD's which made it look different. LSU was in a dog fight with Auburn taking on injuries as the game progressed.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 06:51:48 EDT »

Georgia was looking ahead to next week versus LSU and playing vanilla. NTX had 2 special team TD's which made it look different. LSU was in a dog fight with Auburn taking on injuries as the game progressed.

Hm, well I quit following Auburn LSU right before the half when it was 21-0 LSU and pretty much looked like a domination.  Don't know what happened after that.

LSU Uga game will be good. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: