VTTW Board Index
May 10, 2024, 07:18:52 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Interesting stuff on USA history...brand new team!  (Read 2640 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 23, 2013, 05:48:08 EDT »

USA only started playing football in 2009.  They recruited 31 guys that year, then played a seven game schedule in the fall against junior colleges and prep schools.  In 2010, they played 10 games against D II teams, and again went undefeated.

In 2011, they were classified as "FCS transitional" and played ten games again, this time against some FCS teams and went 6-4. 

So last year was their first full season with a full recruiting class, and they only went 2-11.   This year, they would in theory have a few redshirts from that first recruiting class in 2009...I don't know if that's the case, because with only 31 schollies how do you red shirt anyone, lol.  They probably had a bunch of walk ons also, and some of them might have been given schollies and still be around.

Regardless, this is only the fifth year they even have a program.  I didn't realize it was quite that recent.

They did beat WKU, just barely, on their home field.  Not a team we should overlook, but definitely one we can and should beat.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 07:34:17 EDT »

Sounds like a coaching staff that not only knows how to spot talent but knows how to coach it up. Yes it is a team that Tennessee should beat but not a team Tennessee needs to overlook at all. Win this one and they are half way to being bowl eligable which is not going to be easy as it is.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 07:52:59 EDT »

USF had a similar buildup/record I believe

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 03:18:29 EDT »

I think we should bring the pain and RUTS.  God knows we're not beating anyone else from that God-forsaken state anytime soon.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 03:20:40 EDT »

I think we should bring the pain and RUTS.

I just dont think we're capable, at all.  Against anyone.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 03:27:31 EDT »

I think we should bring the pain and RUTS.  God knows we're not beating anyone else from that God-forsaken state anytime soon.

What?  We do play Auburn this year.  I'm not conceding that one just yet.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2013, 03:28:40 EDT »

I just dont think we're capable, at all.  Against anyone.

Austin Peay?   

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: