VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 03:49:24 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pirate, are you able to see the Powell game where you are?  (Read 3752 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2011, 03:27:40 EST »

It's 14-14 at halftime.  I'm checking in periodically during breaks in the Pac-12 game.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 03:30:37 EST »

It's 14-14 at halftime.  I'm checking in periodically during breaks in the Pac-12 game.
Yeppers - It's on espn3.  I'm watching the stream, while listening to 101dad's stream.
Mobley only has 92 yards in the 1st half.  Two bad picks, otherwise Powell is up at the half.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 04:09:34 EST »

So I guess the police sirens are in-stadium sound effects?  I heard them during the 1A game earlier and thought "damn, that's a lot crime going down in the little town of Cookeville".

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, 04:25:07 EST »

So I guess the police sirens are in-stadium sound effects?  I heard them during the 1A game earlier and thought "damn, that's a lot crime going down in the little town of Cookeville".
YEah, about as bad as the cowbells

Powell lost 17-14

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2011, 04:29:36 EST »

I watched most of the 2nd half and it was a darn good game. Both teams could move the ball until they would commit a penalty and then the drive would stall. Both squandered scoring opportunities inside the 10. Powell RB was good. If he had another gear he would be highly highly rated. Henry County QB was the quickest player on the field.

What a play to end the game on for both sides! 
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2011, 04:30:24 EST »

That was a hell of a game.  Did you get the same feed I did, where the sideline reporter said that Powell didn't even have a net for their kicker to warm up at the end?  I was hoping it would come down to a FG attempt to see how that played out.  Would've been interesting.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2011, 04:34:33 EST »

That was a hell of a game.  Did you get the same feed I did, where the sideline reporter said that Powell didn't even have a net for their kicker to warm up at the end?  I was hoping it would come down to a FG attempt to see how that played out.  Would've been interesting.
Powell tried, I think, only one FG all year and it was a miserable failure.  The great thing was Powell actually made their two EP tries, better than their average.

Bottom line is Powell really has no kicker.  Probably not since O.E. Evans was kicking in the early 60's.

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

Memphisvolunteer
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2011, 04:58:29 EST »

Henry Co. Patriot Alum here!  That was a great game!  The funny thing is HC's QB and RB only have offers from Murray State and Bethel. 
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2011, 01:07:50 EST »

The RB is not a D1 rb. Maybe a FB. The qb has elite quickness but I dont know if he is big enough for D1 receiver?  They could probably play at a D2 school though for sure. Powell's rb was a little better, with cuts and vision though he lacked he a top gear as well. The Henry County RB for all the world looked like Herschel Walker in running style just not as overpowering physically and without that top gear as well.

Still it was a heck of a game.
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2011, 03:06:37 EST »

That was a good game. Good to see a nail biter instead of a blowout for a change. The Wayne County/South Pitt game was good also.

Don't know if anyone watched the CAK game but Charlie High was his usual self. I'm still not sure the kid is a D1 QB, let alone an SEC QB, but he is some kind of good. Lot of fun to watch.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: