VTTW Board Index
May 06, 2024, 02:19:58 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Game Report (Defense)  (Read 2244 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 06, 2015, 05:18:20 EDT »

DL: played Ok.  Got decent pressure given the quick passing game and for the most part had good containment.  I expected better, given the overall experience of those that played.  Pretty much stayed away from the FR when the game was on the line.

LB:  not used to looking at 21 for R-m.  As noted in my response to Creek I thought Kirtland Jr played better overall at Mike,  Weatherd was not a factor in 3rd down passing situations. Madrid not cover the intermediate routes well. Need improvement.

DB:  Sutton played well.  The rest did not overall but did improve.  Both Foreman and Mosely were burned repeatedly but once they changed cover technique played better.  Safeties were ok to poor.  I thought Berry was late covering over the top several times.  Possibly just slow to read and react to the play as it developed.  Correctable.  Need a lot of improvement.

Coaching:  probably hurt by having WM suspended for the game.  Jancek was trying a lot of different things.  He was getting in players faces at times.  Effective adjustments were made.  The defense was bad at times but I did improve.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 02:13:00 EDT »

An experienced Abernathy, and a healthy Martin and Kelly make the D look far different. Otherwise life gets interesting.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 02:36:14 EDT »

One more thing on the secondary.  On some of the long pass plays the coverage was not bad and on a couple was actually pretty good but the QB put the ball on the WR's hands.  Sometimes you have to just tip your hat to a good throw and catch.

The defense really changed/stepped up after the non weather delay.  Got to believe the coaching staff did not waste the opportunity to "coach them up" during the break.  Part of that was TK Jr was allowed to play and really helped the back end. 

Abernathy was really the dime back yesterday and his youthfulness was exposed at times.  Not by a lack of effort but I'm sure the film study will greatly help him going forward.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 05:11:28 EDT »

There were some times we had good coverage and the BG QB put the ball in the perfect spot and their WR made a good catch and beat our DBs for the ball. Our WRs need to learn to do the same in tight coverage.
HawkiVol
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2015, 09:52:28 EDT »

Have to agree that the QB put the ball where only the receiver could get his hands on it, but at times even I knew they were going long and their receivers still got a half or a full step on the DBs.           
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: