VTTW Board Index
May 06, 2024, 01:35:32 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think about the Fargo Finale? I was kinda disappointed.  (Read 4194 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: June 18, 2014, 07:14:54 EDT »

I thought the way Malvo died was just too quick and easy. I mean the way he did his killings on the series I was expecting him to go down in an incredible blaze of glory. Lester got off easy too. He deserved to die a more gruesome death. Man, am I a hardass? LOL

volsboyinsodak
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 07:40:32 EDT »

I thought the way Malvo died was just too quick and easy. I mean the way he did his killings on the series I was expecting him to go down in an incredible blaze of glory. Lester got off easy too. He deserved to die a more gruesome death. Man, am I a hardass? LOL

I thought it was fine. Two sorry deaths for two sorry individuals. It would been too easy to have them, especially Malvo, to die in some glorious Klingon battle.

But I understand your way of thinking. It seems that there's hardly ever a great show that ends totally satisfactorily. I guess we just expect too much.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 08:03:45 EDT »

Well, here's my somewhat "supernatural" theory.  Malvo was possessed by the devil or something all along.  I think they made that evident last week with his "I haven't had pie like this since the Garden of Eden" line.  When he stepped in the bear trap and suffered his crippling injury, the devil left his body in search of a new host.  Maybe that's why he didn't seem to recognize Gus, even when he told him that he had figured out his riddle.  

This series is supposedly going to continue, with a new story, new cast of characters, and a new locale every season.  But maybe the common thread will be whatever dark force was driving Malvo to commit his heinous acts.  
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 08:05:58 EDT by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 08:16:09 EDT »

I've never looked it up, but just wonder what the true story it was based on is like. I am not so convinced of the supernatural stuff. Was that part of the true story.

volsboyinsodak
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 08:23:38 EDT »

I've never looked it up, but just wonder what the true story it was based on is like. I am not so convinced of the supernatural stuff. Was that part of the true story.

According to what I read in the paper today, Noah Hawley said that it was portrayed as a true story, but it's not.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2014, 08:25:20 EDT »

Not a true story...

http://www.salon.com/2014/04/16/no_country_for_old_fargo_the_story_behind_fxs_new_adaptation_of_the_classic_movie/

Like the movie, FX’s “Fargo” purports to be based on a true story, but is not. Hawley’s inclusion of “stranger than fiction” details, however, allowed him to tell “a story in a new way,” he said. Part of that “new way” is literal: The series is a 10-episode anthology that stands alone, making “Fargo” more of a 10-hour movie than a television show. “We didn’t have to stick to any of the rules for a TV show, because [the Coen brothers] didn’t stick to any of the rules for a movie,” said Hawley.

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2014, 08:28:38 EDT »

you are correct. I googled it. Not based on a true story. Just has some similarities to cases from around the area. The woodchipper from the movie was an actual case about a woman murdered by her husband. Pretty clever marketing though. Is that legal. LOL

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2014, 04:42:10 EDT »

I thought it was fine. Two sorry deaths for two sorry individuals. It would been too easy to have them, especially Malvo, to die in some glorious Klingon battle.

But I understand your way of thinking. It seems that there's hardly ever a great show that ends totally satisfactorily. I guess we just expect too much.

I agree.  But I am thinking its a one off, right? I mean, what can they do now, other than start over with new characters?

I liked the end, and in fact thought the plot got out of hand and was actually glad they wrapped it up.  Yes, it was an anticlimatic end for Malvo, but the little fizzleer deserved anticlimatic.  What an ass hole!   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2014, 04:43:31 EDT »

Well, here's my somewhat "supernatural" theory.  Malvo was possessed by the devil or something all along.  I think they made that evident last week with his "I haven't had pie like this since the Garden of Eden" line.  When he stepped in the bear trap and suffered his crippling injury, the devil left his body in search of a new host.  Maybe that's why he didn't seem to recognize Gus, even when he told him that he had figured out his riddle.  

This series is supposedly going to continue, with a new story, new cast of characters, and a new locale every season.  But maybe the common thread will be whatever dark force was driving Malvo to commit his heinous acts.  

Hm.  Okay, that explains next season. I don't know about the supernatural part, but it does seem to fit the flow.  Interesting.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: