VTTW Board Index
May 06, 2024, 08:56:45 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amazon is unveiling a new smartphone right now...  (Read 3065 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: June 18, 2014, 08:50:29 EDT »

It has some pretty cool features, including what looks to be an actual credible 3D effect that uses four (4!) front cameras.  But if it doesn't have a real android UI, and access to the Google Play store (their tablets don't have either), then that's a dealbreaker for me.  But I can live without those things in a tablet.  If they come out with a new Fire tablet with 3D this fall, I'll be all over that.

http://live.cnet.com/Event/Amazons_Smartphone_Event

GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 10:09:38 EDT »

Swipe one for me, too!                 

G
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 02:45:47 EDT »

It's basically a shopping device.

http://qz.com/223149/amazon-phone-fire-shopping-machine/

EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 05:11:55 EDT »

No its basically a phone on steroids with links to Amazon that make it easier for you to buy from them......

The only drawback is that its AT&T only....I would not have AT&T as my cellular provider if it was FREE!!!!!!

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 04:44:29 EDT »

No its basically a phone on steroids with links to Amazon that make it easier for you to buy from them......

The only drawback is that its AT&T only....I would not have AT&T as my cellular provider if it was FREE!!!!!!

I'm with you on that brother!  fizzle AT&T!!! They fizzleed me first, so....

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2014, 04:47:36 EDT »

If Amazon is going to make any sort of profitable bite into the smartphone market at this late stage of the game, it's going to take quite a significant uphill battle to do so. Given that, it's hard for me to wrap my mind around the notion that a business genius like Jeff Bezos would limit the Fire Phone to the Amazon app store rather than the full Google app store. You don't have to get past the fact that the Fire Phone won't support the YouTube app for me to decide that I'm not gonna buy it.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2014, 04:50:50 EDT »

If Amazon is going to make any sort of profitable bite into the smartphone market at this late stage of the game, it's going to take quite a significant uphill battle to do so. Given that, it's hard for me to wrap my mind around the notion that a business genius like Jeff Bezos would limit the Fire Phone to the Amazon app store rather than the full Google app store. You don't have to get past the fact that the Fire Phone won't support the YouTube app for me to decide that I'm not gonna buy it.

Ah, he's just getting cocky and sloppy.  Amazon is perpetually one of the least profitable companies in the world, yet investors continue to pour mountains of cash into it.  He is an amazing salesman is all.  When people stop buying his BS, Amazon will crash and crash hard.

IMO.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: