VTTW Board Index
May 08, 2024, 08:45:56 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sorry if it was covered earlier? but very early in the game  (Read 420 times)
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 15, 2023, 04:19:36 EDT »

We had a 3rd and 7, the D jumped offsides (so free play).  Joe should?ve chucked it downfield, instead he scampered and as best I could tell got past the sticks for the first down. 

Instead, we got a 3rd and 3 which we failed to convert.  Did we really not decline that penalty??
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2023, 04:20:50 EDT »

He went out of bounds short of the line to gain. I was furious.
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2023, 04:24:57 EDT »

Yea, it was another of his brain locks. He could have thrown it downfield on the free play or at least try to bully his way for a few extra yards and get the first down.

It brought back memories of the Ole Miss game of 2021. The mustard bottle game.
japanvol
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2023, 04:27:24 EDT »

Not as furious as I was when it was 4th and 2 and he tried to run for it when he had no chance instead of throwing it to someone. He had a month to get ready for Clemson and had Hooker helping him at practice. That was peak Joe Milton. He also had better receivers and protection for that game. What we saw today was after a bye week. I?m afraid it?s going to be rough going forward unless considerable changes to philosophy and personnel are made.
I would put the responsibility on the regression on the passing game as follows:

Milton 55%
Receivers 25%
Offensive Line 20%

And there is probably an argument that some percentage should also be attributed to the change in OC.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2023, 04:34:03 EDT »

Ok, I couldn?t make sense of what I saw on that play from my seat near the top of section PP.   
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2023, 04:36:06 EDT »

Not as furious as I was when it was 4th and 2 and he tried to run for it when he had no chance instead of throwing it to someone. He had a month to get ready for Clemson and had Hooker helping him at practice. That was peak Joe Milton. He also had better receivers and protection for that game. What we saw today was after a bye week. I?m afraid it?s going to be rough going forward unless considerable changes to philosophy and personnel are made.
I would put the responsibility on the regression on the passing game as follows:

Milton 55%
Receivers 25%
Offensive Line 20%

And there is probably an argument that some percentage should also be attributed to the change in OC.

Injury to Bru really hurt us.

I might put a bit more on the OC change.

Very true that Joe dodged out early on the 3rd down with the offsides call. No excuse for that.

At least he ran tough later in the game.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2023, 04:37:41 EDT »

Bru was a beast in downfield blocking.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2023, 04:41:40 EDT »

Bru was a beast in downfield blocking.
on one run in the 4th, maybe Milton?s long is run but a receiver (probably Nimrod) hustled and mademamgood block and push the defender down the fiel

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: