VTTW Board Index
May 08, 2024, 01:40:25 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 237 yards rushing today  (Read 583 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 15, 2023, 01:16:01 EDT »

I heard all week that we?d be lucky to get 100.

Bammer is beatable. Just need to cut out the stupid penalties (good luck with that in Tuscaloosa) and get competence out of the QB position. I know most of us are anticipating a change, but they?re not gonna break in Nico at bammer. So put that thought on ice for at least another week.

japanvol
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2023, 01:29:37 EDT »

I?ll enjoy this win tonight.
But, Milton just isn?t going to play at the level needed to compete in most of the rest of the games on the schedule, and the WRs  aren?t helping. Every UT fan knows this. So let?s  further embrace a running identity. The were more QB runs today, let?s see twice as many next week. The one option looked good today, let?s see one per quarter next week. Regular downfield passes aren?t working. So?. more shovel passes, more passes out of the backfield to the RBs. Maybe bring back the quick throw to the boundary if the WRs can figure out how to block it. And more trick plays. And, I would put in a package for Nico. 3-4 plays he feels comfortable with. I?m expecting UT to be a double digit underdog next week, so let it all hang out.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2023, 02:02:19 EDT »

If you'd have told me we'd have that much success rushing, I'd say we win by four scores.  Really impressive.
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2023, 02:10:32 EDT »

If you'd have told me we'd have that much success rushing, I'd say we win by four scores.  Really impressive.

Yes, I was pessimistic. I thought that they would jam up the run and we would have to pass. It's a good thing that didn't happen because the passing game certainly was not there.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2023, 02:35:35 EDT »

AM was only giving up 87 average running IIRC. Great job and a lot of it was tough yards.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2023, 02:56:25 EDT »

This OL lineup is our best in my view
There were a coulple times tha Campbell flat set the corner that enabled good runs
Castles enabled Sampson to turn the corner for a 1st down

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2023, 04:37:42 EDT »

AM was only giving up 87 average running IIRC. Great job and a lot of it was tough yards.

Yep! And they jammed a lot of our interior runs pretty good, but not all of them. 😀

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2023, 04:39:48 EDT »

I?ll enjoy this win tonight.
But, Milton just isn?t going to play at the level needed to compete in most of the rest of the games on the schedule, and the WRs  aren?t helping. Every UT fan knows this. So let?s  further embrace a running identity. The were more QB runs today, let?s see twice as many next week. The one option looked good today, let?s see one per quarter next week. Regular downfield passes aren?t working. So?. more shovel passes, more passes out of the backfield to the RBs. Maybe bring back the quick throw to the boundary if the WRs can figure out how to block it. And more trick plays. And, I would put in a package for Nico. 3-4 plays he feels comfortable with. I?m expecting UT to be a double digit underdog next week, so let it all hang out.

I agree with most of this.

I doubt the double digit part. Bammer only beat Arky by 3 today.  I think the spread will be similar to their game vs Tamu, about a TD

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2023, 04:49:52 EDT »

Miami, Auburn, Arky, and Bama ran for a combined 330 yards on TAMU.

Tennessee had 232 tonight.
japanvol
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2023, 04:53:16 EDT »

Usually the lines are pretty close to the difference in Sagarin ratings after an adjustment for home field advantage (≈3 points). Going into today UT?s rating was 86.08 and Texas A&M was 85.26. Add 3 points to UT for home field advantage and the difference is almost spot on to the 3.5 game spread.
Alabama?s rating before today?s game was 92.03. Add 3 points for home field and you get a difference of ≈ 9 points. I would have to say Alabama has played a better schedule and has looked more complete so far this year, and they have the revenge factor, so I would expect the line to come out at 10. We?ll see. Hopefully Heupel will have some tricks up his sleeve for next week. Thought we would see some today after the bye week. Maybe being a big underdog and fewer expectations will help Joe?s performance. It can?t hurt.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2023, 04:56:47 EDT »

Usually the lines are pretty close to the difference in Sagarin ratings after an adjustment for home field advantage (≈3 points). Going into today UT?s rating was 86.08 and Texas A&M was 85.26. Add 3 points to UT for home field advantage and the difference is almost spot on to the 3.5 game spread.
Alabama?s rating before today?s game was 92.03. Add 3 points for home field and you get a difference of ≈ 9 points. I would have to say Alabama has played a better schedule and has looked more complete so far this year, and they have the revenge factor, so I would expect the line to come out at 10. We?ll see. Hopefully Heupel will have some tricks up his sleeve for next week. Thought we would see some today after the bye week. Maybe being a big underdog and fewer expectations will help Joe?s performance. It can?t hurt.

Yeah Joe had an awful passing game today and hasn't been great all season, but he has had better games than today.

Hopefully he is better next week.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: