VTTW Board Index
May 12, 2024, 10:41:47 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Well, for better or worse it looks like it is Worley  (Read 2482 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 28, 2013, 10:01:30 EDT »

I had hoped the light would have clicked on but today he regressed in my view.

We could hope he turns it around against the pups as Crompton did but the difference is that Crompton Actually came to life in the 4th quarter of the previous game against Auburn and had something to build on.  Worley has the awful last 40 minutes of the game to recover from.

I am not confident of our chances in any game going forward.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 10:04:14 EDT »

I had hoped the light would have clicked on but today he regressed in my view.

We could hope he turns it around against the pups as Crompton did but the difference is that Crompton Actually came to life in the 4th quarter of the previous game against Auburn and had something to build on.  Worley has the awful last 40 minutes of the game to recover from.

I am not confident of our chances in any game going forward.

In addition to the nice 4th quarter against Auburn, Crompton had also shown some signs earlier in the season. He had a really nice game against WKU in the season opener.

If Worley is truly our best option, we have big, big problems moving forward. Sadly, I'd have to agree with what Revolver said on FB — UT's status as one of the few programs to never lose 8 games may be in jeopardy.
SmokeyJoe
Re:
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 10:04:32 EDT »

I am.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2013, 10:07:20 EDT »

In addition to the nice 4th quarter against Auburn, Crompton had also shown some signs earlier in the season. He had a really nice game against WKU in the season opener.

If Worley is truly our best option, we have big, big problems moving forward. Sadly, I'd have to agree with what Revolver said on FB — UT's status as one of the few programs to never lose 8 games may be in jeopardy.

It's hard to see it any other way. Win #4 was supposed to be Kentucky, and maybe that's still a likely win but I'm less confident than I was. But wins #5 and 6? Those are now hard to find.

At the very least this team seems to ride very high and very low, emotionally. If we can get into a game where things are going right and that doesn't get disrupted by a really bad play-- like those Worley picks-- then I think maybe we can still beat a decent team or two. But things really have fallen apart a few times, too much like last year.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

SmokeyJoe
Re:
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2013, 10:10:29 EDT »

Ok we suck. fizzle it.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2013, 10:12:57 EDT »

Ok we suck. fizzle it.

Now don't do that. I like your optimism, and just wish it were easier for me to share it.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: