VTTW Board Index
May 08, 2024, 01:45:39 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Walking out of rupp right now  (Read 5045 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: January 16, 2013, 03:26:43 EST »

we suck. Just suck

Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 03:31:44 EST »

Right now, it's Jordan McRae and a whole bunch of nothing.

Still, pretty good fight tonight. I would have liked to have seen the outcome with neutral officiating. Stokes never had a chance tonight. Every time he stepped on the court he was going to get called for something. That charge call to start the second half was one of the most BS charge calls in the history of the game.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 03:40:16 EST »

I didn't tune in until near the end.  Just in time to see us get two FT's and possession after the flagrant on UK.  I saw us get ZERO points out of that sequence and I turned the channel.   
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 03:40:32 EST »

I miss Pearl

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 04:13:11 EST »

Fire Cuonzo!

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 04:28:02 EST »

UK could very well miss the tourney this year.  Right now, their only decent win is by 3 points over Maryland on a neutral court, and that one is looking less impressive by the day (UM has lost consecutive games to Miami and FSU).  They won't get many chances for quality wins in the SEC- and I can't really see that team beating UF, Mizzou, or OM, even in Lexington.

It would break my heart to see them in the NIT.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 04:32:56 EST by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 12:04:44 EST »

UK could very well miss the tourney this year.  Right now, their only decent win is by 3 points over Maryland on a neutral court, and that one is looking less impressive by the day (UM has lost consecutive games to Miami and FSU).  They won't get many chances for quality wins in the SEC- and I can't really see that team beating UF, Mizzou, or OM, even in Lexington.

They'll get in based on their "body of work" since the cheater in chief took over ...

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 05:32:30 EST »

Your Sig is classic :)
101stDad
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2013, 09:17:27 EST »

If UT was ever going to win it Rupp it was last night.  

We may never win there again.  
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2013, 12:50:53 EST »

If UT was ever going to win it Rupp it was last night.  

We may never win there again.  

Cal will get them neutered by the NCAA sooner or later.  We'll get them then.

Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2013, 01:57:56 EST »

I miss Pearl

Yep - very hard to find someone in his league.  If only he didn't tell that stupid lie......

Creek Walker
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2013, 02:04:50 EST »

It is definitely unlikely, but there are people at UT -- people who matter -- who are still in Pearl's corner 100%. Obviously it can never happen as long as Cheek is still there. But IMO Cheek's days are numbered. Even then it probably wouldn't matter, but sometimes folks can be awfully persuasive.

Even if UT were inclined to bring Pearl back, one thing that would work very much against them is the lies that Hamilton and Cheek told to win the PR battle two years ago. I'm not excusing what Pearl did; he broke the rules, lied about it, and he's paying the price for that now. But I still run into people who will say that Pearl cheated and lied, then got caught and tearfully apologized, and then broke the rules again . . . even though that's been thoroughly debunked. (To that end, I blame the local media -- specifically the News Sentinel, which should be a watchdog for UT and the athletics program. Even after Hubbs and a few others in the new media had reported that Pearl didn't actually break the rules after that Sept. 10 press conference, the KNS refused to touch it. Instead, it simply took the propaganda the AD was spoon-feeding and helped spread it.)

One thing I'm certain of: Pearl will coach again. That team will win. And that team will instantly become one of my favorite CBB teams. Even though it would be the equivalent of thumbing our nose at the NCAA in some respects, there are far worse things that could happen to UT basketball than bringing Pearl back.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2013, 02:13:47 EST »

It is definitely unlikely, but there are people at UT -- people who matter -- who are still in Pearl's corner 100%. Obviously it can never happen as long as Cheek is still there. But IMO Cheek's days are numbered. Even then it probably wouldn't matter, but sometimes folks can be awfully persuasive.

Even if UT were inclined to bring Pearl back, one thing that would work very much against them is the lies that Hamilton and Cheek told to win the PR battle two years ago. I'm not excusing what Pearl did; he broke the rules, lied about it, and he's paying the price for that now. But I still run into people who will say that Pearl cheated and lied, then got caught and tearfully apologized, and then broke the rules again . . . even though that's been thoroughly debunked. (To that end, I blame the local media -- specifically the News Sentinel, which should be a watchdog for UT and the athletics program. Even after Hubbs and a few others in the new media had reported that Pearl didn't actually break the rules after that Sept. 10 press conference, the KNS refused to touch it. Instead, it simply took the propaganda the AD was spoon-feeding and helped spread it.)

One thing I'm certain of: Pearl will coach again. That team will win. And that team will instantly become one of my favorite CBB teams. Even though it would be the equivalent of thumbing our nose at the NCAA in some respects, there are far worse things that could happen to UT basketball than bringing Pearl back.

History tells us that if Pearl had not come clean, and just stuck by his lie (as every other coach has done in similar situations), he'd still be at UT right now.  That's what really sucks.  In the criminal justice system, a guilty plea usually results in a reduced sentence.  In the NCAA's justice system, a guilty plea is an engraved invitation for them to lower the boom and make an example of you.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: