VTTW Board Index
May 10, 2024, 05:39:23 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Given our history, it feels wierd...  (Read 2112 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: March 08, 2012, 06:58:30 EST »

...to be so confident about the SECT.  We NEVER do well in this event.  But I just have a feeling that we're going to at least reach the finals, if not win the whole thing.  Maybe it's just the way that we're playing right now, but this team is looking fairly bulletproof to me.  I hope they have the same confidence in themselves that we have in them.

Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 07:07:37 EST »

It is because of their consistent defensive effort. Their struggles and reason for the couple losses in last several games have been because of bad shooting nights or impatient offense. Our defense will keep us in it if we can make some shots. That is my worry about the tourney. So many of our guys can't shoot if they aren't at home.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 07:15:36 EST »

It is because of their consistent defensive effort. Their struggles and reason for the couple losses in last several games have been because of bad shooting nights or impatient offense. Our defense will keep us in it if we can make some shots. That is my worry about the tourney. So many of our guys can't shoot if they aren't at home.

True, but no one else is at home, either.  And we've evolved into a team that doesn't really rely on outside shooting, anyway.  I would expect the unfamiliar surroundings to have a greater impact on teams like UF and Vandy.  They've demonstrated all season that if their shots aren't falling, they're in big trouble. 

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 07:30:33 EST »

I feel optimistic as well.  Looking forward to the game tomorrow.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 07:31:56 EST »

...to be so confident about the SECT.  We NEVER do well in this event.  But I just have a feeling that we're going to at least reach the finals, if not win the whole thing.  Maybe it's just the way that we're playing right now, but this team is looking fairly bulletproof to me.  I hope they have the same confidence in themselves that we have in them.

Maybe history still has a hold on me, but I don't feel that confident. I think if the chips fall reasonably well, one win over Ole Miss might do the trick . . . but I'm not highly confident that we will win that game. At least it's not in a dome, though.

IV is right that the defense instills confidence, though. If the offense just has an average night we still have a good chance of winning. I just hope the offense holds its own.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: