VTTW Board Index
May 21, 2024, 10:24:54 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For those of you always ready to kiss JF's butt...  (Read 3571 times)
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« on: September 10, 2014, 05:53:12 EDT »

http://mrsec.com/articles/james-franklin-left-derek-mason-holding-the-bag-at-vandy

Franklin benefitted from a couple of major points that is made in this article....one was the talent recruited by Johnson while he was the coach and also the timing of several other programs in the SEC (including UT) being on the downswing.  While Franklin was a master self promoter his overall coaching "success" reeks more of smoke and mirrors when you start prying underneath the belly of the wins and losses.  Yeah it was at historically bad Vandy, but it is what I have always thought about Franklin being the biggest righteous a$$ since ole whats his name at Oklahoma that built hisself into a Dallas Cowboy head coach.  Franklin own with Johnson's players mainly and the favorable scheduling made by the Atheltic Department.

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 08:18:49 EDT »

Emeril, take off the damned orange colored glasses and look at it realistically. 

It was Vanderbilt.  Vanderbilt.  In past years they lost to the UMSSes, Armys, and even frickin' Woffords.  Plus he won SEC games against the lower, and even against some mid tier, SEC teams.  Vandy hadn't done that since The Big War. 

Yes, he was a prick, a real #badword#, and an arrogant son of a bitch, but Franklin flat out coached Vandy up multiple notches.  Nobody before him, and they had some really good coaches there in guys like Watson Brown and Bobby Johnson, just to name two - were able to do that at Vandy. 

And keep in mind that while we in fact down, Franklin did beat us - twice. 

Poo poo it all you want, but Penis Head is a son of a bitch, but he is a son of a bitch who is a hellufa football coach.   

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 08:35:39 EDT »

Emeril, take off the damned orange colored glasses and look at it realistically. 

It was Vanderbilt.  Vanderbilt.  In past years they lost to the UMSSes, Armys, and even frickin' Woffords.  Plus he won SEC games against the lower, and even against some mid tier, SEC teams.  Vandy hadn't done that since The Big War. 

Yes, he was a prick, a real #badword#, and an arrogant son of a bitch, but Franklin flat out coached Vandy up multiple notches.  Nobody before him, and they had some really good coaches there in guys like Watson Brown and Bobby Johnson, just to name two - were able to do that at Vandy. 

And keep in mind that while we in fact down, Franklin did beat us - twice. 

Poo poo it all you want, but Penis Head is a son of a bitch, but he is a son of a bitch who is a hellufa football coach.   

yep, it's very hard to argue with his record @ Vandy ... and just look where they are once he's gone. 

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2014, 07:13:15 EDT »

yep, it's very hard to argue with his record @ Vandy ... and just look where they are once he's gone. 

This.  though it's still early, the dropoff is incredible.  Vandy was in almost every game last year.  Yes, they lost a considerable amount, the main one of which is Matthews.  He was practically their whole offense IMO, but at the end of the day, Franklin made a difference.

Emeril...that doesn't mean anyone on here is kissing his ass.  Far from it.  He is a douche.  But he did coach vandy up, I don't care how down the rest of the SEC was (which it certainly was).

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Ridge Runner
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 05:37:23 EDT »

Dude, let it go. He's not even coaching Vandy anymore.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2014, 05:40:21 EDT »

Dude, let it go. He's not even coaching Vandy anymore.

Yep.  Really kind of silly to keep beating that drum, and especially given that Franklin is a really good football coach.  I promise you that most of the fans in Texas wish they had hired him instead of Charlie Strong. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Creek Walker
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2014, 05:48:50 EDT »

There is no bigger douchebag in college coaching than James Franklin. None. Urban Meyer not withstanding. I wish he would fall flat on his face. But he won't. He's too good a coach. I don't see how that can even be debated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: